Dump trucks with flying gravel.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dump trucks with flying gravel.....

Why aren't these trucks required to have a tarp over their cargo?

There were a couple of those trucks southbound on I-270 near Dorsett a few minutes ago, who were giving everyone with a football field's length, one heck of a shower this morning.

Very annoying.
    Make America Great For Once.

Why aren't these trucks required to have a tarp over their cargo?
    Norman Chad, syndicated columnist: “Sports radio, reflecting our sinking culture, spends entire days advising managers and coaches, berating managers and coaches, firing managers and coaches and searching the countryside for better middle relievers. If they just redirected their energy toward, say, crosswalk-signal maintenance, America would be 2 percent more livable.”

"The best argument against democracy," someone (Churchill?) said, "is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

Comment

oops!

Because some legislators argued againt government regulation?
      Norman Chad, syndicated columnist: “Sports radio, reflecting our sinking culture, spends entire days advising managers and coaches, berating managers and coaches, firing managers and coaches and searching the countryside for better middle relievers. If they just redirected their energy toward, say, crosswalk-signal maintenance, America would be 2 percent more livable.”

"The best argument against democracy," someone (Churchill?) said, "is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

Comment

This is a matter of public safety.

Comment

they usually have one that rolls over the top. Why was there not one? They were too lazy to do it probably or because it was raining they did not want to get out and do it
          Sponsor of:
          Brian Elliott
          Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
          5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

Originally posted by The Kev@Mar 3 2004, 07:09 AM
            This is a matter of public safety.
            So is banning people over the age of 70 from driving.

Comment

Originally posted by nick2@Mar 3 2004, 07:05 AM
              oops!

Because some legislators argued againt government regulation?
              Everything in the world can be blamed on lack of government regulation with you, right?

Talk about cradle-to-grave.
              When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

I don't see this as a regulation issue. Instead, it should just be a law on the books, that if broken will result in a citation.

Comment

I had one of those fuckers crack my winshield a few months ago. It's bullshit, and no plate #s to report them. That should be illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by The Kev@Mar 3 2004, 10:06 AM
                    I don't see this as a regulation issue. Instead, it should just be a law on the books, that if broken will result in a citation.
                    Its your world kev, rest of us just payin rent.

How can we make it a better place for you?

Would you like drunken 18 yr olds to drive dump trucks with rocks in the back?

Perhaps the driver was a homo.

Maybe he was a white guy just "cuttin loose"?
                    Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Originally posted by JackSparrow@Mar 3 2004, 10:10 AM

Its your world kev, rest of us just payin rent.

How can we make it a better place for you?

Would you like drunken 18 yr olds to drive dump trucks with rocks in the back?

Perhaps the driver was a homo.

Maybe he was a white guy just "cuttin loose"?
                      Jack,

I don't think you'd appreciate having your vehicle bombarded by these flying objects.

Comment

I dont, man.

I have been there.

There isnt a thing you can do about it.

Except stay behind the fucker as far as possible, or make a move and pass it.
                        Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

No, actually there is something you can do about it. There are already laws on the books, and they relate to transporting an unsafe load. If a La-z-boy flies out of the back of your pick up while you are moving, causing damage to someone else's car, you are liable. Truckers who do not have the tarp covering material that could potentially fly out of the back, causing damage to other vehicles, can be ticketd, and they are also liable for any damage to your vehicle. Usually, if they have the tarp, and something still flies out, they are covered, because they used reasonable means to prevent such an occurence.

Moon

Comment

Kev - I'm almost positive that trucks are required to have a tarp over their load if they are carrying loose material like that. The driver you saw was probably ignoring the rules. You should have taken his license plate number, and his truck company name and truck number and called in to the police.

If rocks from a truck like that damage your car, you can hit their insurance company up for the damages. I've did that once when a truck lost some wheel bearings and cracked my windshield.
                            2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

So what happens when a rock lodged in the tires treads comes loose and cracks your windshield?

Unless the dumptruck is pouring his load (insert joke here) all over the road, you really don't have any proof that an uncovered load is unsafe.

Comment

Working...
                              X