• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FAR52+Mar 3 2004, 09:03 AM-->
    QUOTE(FAR52 @ Mar 3 2004, 09:03 AM)
    Originally posted by [email protected] 3 2004, 09:02 AM

Originally posted by SLUBLUE@Mar 3 2004, 09:09 AM
    you disagree with how the war is handled...you hate america...

The factory or source that churns out people that think like this should be blown up.
    “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

Thank you, King.

The neocons' hubris will be their undoing.
      His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
      Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

What do you think is the underlying reason behind the neo-cons idealogy about attempting to spread their way of thinking throughout the world?
        Christian Manifest Destiny.

Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Razzy+Mar 3 2004, 09:11 AM-->
          QUOTE(Razzy @ Mar 3 2004, 09:11 AM)

Originally posted by SLUBLUE@Mar 3 2004, 09:11 AM
          we are trying to recreate yugoslavia in Iraq. And we're doing it on our own. bad move.
          Really. I seem to recall involvement by a number of other countries. How on earth can I reconcile your statement with the facts?

In all seriousness, I thought the article King posted made some very legitimate points. But what is America and its allies that are in Iraq supposed to do at this point? Simply leave? Certainly you are not suggesting that.
          "You can't handle my opinions." Moedrabowsky

Jeffro is a hell of a good man.

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

Comment

Far52:Your right. The US military overthrows an undemocratic regime and installs a democratic one its place. Apples and oranges. I see your point.
            Democratic regime led by Mr. Chalabi?

Good luck with that!
            Norman Chad, syndicated columnist: “Sports radio, reflecting our sinking culture, spends entire days advising managers and coaches, berating managers and coaches, firing managers and coaches and searching the countryside for better middle relievers. If they just redirected their energy toward, say, crosswalk-signal maintenance, America would be 2 percent more livable.”

"The best argument against democracy," someone (Churchill?) said, "is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

Comment

Originally posted by FAR52+Mar 3 2004, 09:18 AM-->
              QUOTE(FAR52 @ Mar 3 2004, 09:18 AM)

Originally posted by nick2@Mar 3 2004, 09:18 AM
              Far52:Your right. The US military overthrows an undemocratic regime and installs a democratic one its place. Apples and oranges. I see your point. 
              Democratic regime led by Mr. Chalabi?

Good luck with that!
              I seem to recall that occurring under the Clinton administration. I supported that move then -- and still do today.

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

Comment

Originally posted by SLUBLUE+Mar 3 2004, 09:22 AM-->
                QUOTE(SLUBLUE @ Mar 3 2004, 09:22 AM)
                Originally posted by [email protected] 3 2004, 09:18 AM

Originally posted by FAR52+Mar 3 2004, 09:24 AM-->
                QUOTE(FAR52 @ Mar 3 2004, 09:24 AM)
                Originally posted by [email protected] 3 2004, 09:22 AM
                Originally posted by [email protected] 3 2004, 09:18 AM

Originally posted by SLUBLUE+Mar 3 2004, 09:17 AM-->
                QUOTE(SLUBLUE @ Mar 3 2004, 09:17 AM)
                Originally posted by [email protected] 3 2004, 09:11 AM

Originally posted by Moon Man@Mar 3 2004, 09:16 AM
                What do you think is the underlying reason behind the neo-cons idealogy about attempting to spread their way of thinking throughout the world?
                Christian Manifest Destiny.

Moon
                Pretty much what I thought. Religion is the underlying cause of pretty much all conflict in the world.

Just another reason why I hate organized religion with a passion.
                “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

Originally posted by SLUBLUE@Mar 3 2004, 09:26 AM
                  well, don't be a smug little monkey and claim that other countries are helping us!

I don't think I have ever been called a "smug little monkey" before. I'm surprised that pointing out the truth would cause such a defensive reaction on your part.

should we pack up and go? maybe...but....no. but we should swallow our pride and let other countries have a say in what's going on with the new Iraq. Yes, that would mean less money for Bush campaign contributors, but oh well.
                  Here's what I don't understand. If American taxpayers are initially flipping the bill for reconstruction costs, why on earth would any American be opposed to allowing American companies who employ American workers to get the contracts.

If France wants some contracts, shell out some cash.

Futhermore, we should seriously evaluate a three state future for Iraq.
                  Which states would control the oil?

Comment

Just another reason why I hate organized religion with a passion.
                    A bit strong! There are some very good, well-meaning people that accomplish great things through their local church!

Maybe it's the ideologues, zealots, and hypocrites that you hate?
                    Norman Chad, syndicated columnist: “Sports radio, reflecting our sinking culture, spends entire days advising managers and coaches, berating managers and coaches, firing managers and coaches and searching the countryside for better middle relievers. If they just redirected their energy toward, say, crosswalk-signal maintenance, America would be 2 percent more livable.”

"The best argument against democracy," someone (Churchill?) said, "is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

Comment

Working...
                    X