Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiko Calero healthy

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/st...ster+spot+again

Lincoln's got a spot in the bullpen already?

Not too worried about Kiko. If he's healthy and keeps whiffing batters like he did last year, he'll make the team.

The name prominently missing from the article is Jason Simontacchi. If Morris/Williams/Carpenter/Suppan/Marquis are the rotation, and the bullpen is full...

Can Simo play left field?

Comment

That is a dilemma. Would he have an option for the minors with his new contract perhaps?

From the right side, you would have 6 arms?:

Izzy
      Lincoln
      Taverez
      Eldred
      Simo
      Kiko

I'm not expecting Benes to make the team

Comment

Sometimes I just don't get O'Neil's writing. To wit:

Evidence of the intangible might be found in Calero's stats from last season.

Comment

Calero earned a spot on the team with his performance last year.

Unless he is hurt, he should be on the team.
          “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

So TLR wants to bring only 11 pitchers...but there are only two catchers this year, right?

Comment

He needs room for both Lankkkkk and Taguchi.
              And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

IMO, their lucky Izzy is backing the bullpen because without him, its not looking good. I hope they carry twelve pitchers on the roster cause their gonna need em all to figure out who's gonna do what, if this is the best we are gonna have to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Mar 2 2004, 10:34 PM
                  Lankkkkk
                  OLD WITTY NICKNAME ALERT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Razzy@Mar 2 2004, 10:04 PM
                    Calero earned a spot on the team with his performance last year.

Unless he is hurt, he should be on the team.
                    I think so too but we are talking about TLR, Duncan and Walt

Alias the Three Stooges
                    Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

I guess I had kind of assumed that he would be with the big team this year. I did not know this was an issue.
                      Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

man, he better frickin' make the team. he was the best reliever we had last year till he got hurt. better than eldred and simo.
                        Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Comment

If he can help the team, he'll make it. If he can't, there are other options.

The pen is the least of my worries.

Comment

Originally posted by BW23@Mar 3 2004, 08:59 AM
                            The pen is the least of my worries.
                            It's actually nice to say that for a change.
                            "You can't handle my opinions." Moedrabowsky

Jeffro is a hell of a good man.

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

Comment

Originally posted by FAR52@Mar 3 2004, 09:00 AM

It's actually nice to say that for a change.
                              It certainly is. It's not as strong as I'd like. I'd love to see a shutdown RH setup guy. But I like Izzy being healthy. Supposedly healthy anyway. I like the left side of the pen a lot. I like that Tavarez can be the long guy who could start or close also. If just one of Eldred, Lincoln, Calero, Journell or Tavarez step up to be the main RH setup guy, the pen will be one of the best.

But compared to other problems this team has (LF, 2B, SP, bench and management), it's certainly the least of my worries.

Comment

Working...
                              X