SOL with Mike Shannon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOL with Mike Shannon

The moonman said he thinks Alan Benes has looked better than anyone and has a good shot of not only making the team but in being in the starting rotation. Said he has great velocity on the ball.

On today's game said only two players who played against the college team have any shot of making the team Taguichi and Butler.

He said second base and left field are both wide open with Anderson, Hart, and Butler battling for second base and everybody battling for the left field spot including Anderson.

That was all I heard before my kids swamped me.
    Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
    God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

I'm really finding it hard to believe that after all this time Alan Benes can suddenly pitch again.

If he can, of course, Walt proves once again that he's a Genius.

Comment

Didn't Steve Cox play in the game today? I thought this guy was assured of a roster spot

Comment

Originally posted by ReggieCleveland@Mar 2 2004, 09:35 PM
        I'm really finding it hard to believe that after all this time Alan Benes can suddenly pitch again.

BLLLLEEEEECCCCCHHHH.....!!!!

Thanks.......I just lost my dinner..............
        AKA reddevil
        AKA davel a devil

[COLOR=red'][/COLOR]

Comment

That 1.6 million Taguchi is hauling down this year.

Pure genius.
          And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Originally posted by Fishbone@Mar 2 2004, 09:36 PM
            Didn't Steve Cox play in the game today? I thought this guy was assured of a roster spot
            DID HE?!?!?!?!?!

He's a MasterLock © if I've ever seen it.....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
            Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
            -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

It gets annoying that every year Jocketty has to play the lottery with these veteran arms, bringing in two or three of them to see if they make the rotation. They can't expect Benes to realistically make a contribution. It was nice of them to give him a chance, but assuming he will make the rotation is overly optimistic of them.

Comment

Originally posted by ReggieCleveland@Mar 2 2004, 09:35 PM

His brother was the Cardinals best picture the second half of his last season and I still can't figure out why LaRussa didn't use him in the playoffs.

Don't know anything about Walt being a genius though.
                Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
                God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Andy Benes started Game 4 of the Giants series in 2002.

What I would like to know about Alan Benes is how fast his fastball is. It used to be low-90s, then in 2000 it was low-80s. How hard is it now?

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar@Mar 2 2004, 10:11 PM
                    Andy Benes started Game 4 of the Giants series in 2002.

What I would like to know about Alan Benes is how fast his fastball is. It used to be low-90s, then in 2000 it was low-80s. How hard is it now?
                    dev...........

Alan Benes used to have a mid-90's fastball............It was actually better than Morris........
                    AKA reddevil
                    AKA davel a devil

[COLOR=red'][/COLOR]

Comment

I miss the days of having two young studs in our rotation, Benes and Morris were quite a tandem.

Comment

Is everything still more or less OK??

Comment

Davel:

I thought it was mid-90s but didn't want to risk exaggerating it because I was always a huge Alan Benes fan.

Maybe he's finally learned to pitch, like Andy seemed to in the middle of 2002.

Comment

Originally posted by Indu WangZi@Mar 2 2004, 10:22 PM
                            Is everything still more or less OK??
                            Sure is Wang............

Genius at work...........
                            AKA reddevil
                            AKA davel a devil

[COLOR=red'][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar@Mar 2 2004, 10:23 PM
                              Davel:

I thought it was mid-90s but didn't want to risk exaggerating it because I was always a huge Alan Benes fan.

Maybe he's finally learned to pitch, like Andy seemed to in the middle of 2002.
                              dev.........

I hate to use the word hope........It tends to get way overused by the current regime..........But I'd be real pleased to see Alan get his "stuff" back.........
                              AKA reddevil
                              AKA davel a devil

[COLOR=red'][/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                              X