SBC billing problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBC billing problems

I had a frustrating experience today that I thought I would share regarding my SBC bill. About three months ago, i decided to make a change from the usual plan i had, the all distance connection plan, which provides the customer with unlimited long distance, to a different plan. Several days later, i called SBC back and told them i changed my mind, and I wanted my original plan back. THe service representative told me that he would reconnect my original plan with no problems.

This happened three months ago, and today, I am still having these changes show up on my SBC bills. Every month, they seem to screw something up on my bill that i did not request, or bill me for a service that I do not use anymore. I called a week ago regarding the outrageously high bill, and the woman representative said she adjusted everything and knocked the amount of the bill to where it should be (after spending 20 minutes on the phone with her).

I called again today because the woman rep told me i had to contact the DSL department to verify the "correct promotional rate" (26.00) i should have instead of the 29.00 i was charged. The DSL rep quoted me the original amount on my bill (137 bucks) which was incorrect, and told me that the woman the previous week didn't change a damn thing on my account. I had to spend another 30 minutes on the phone re-explaining my case to her, and requesting to speak to a supervisor.

I have to share this story cause dealing with my phone company tends to be a very frustrating experience for me, and i dont know if anyone else tends to have similar experiences with incorrect billing, etc. with SBC. Thanks for taking the time to read

They suck.

I never have problems with them though because I never look at the bills they send.

If I think I have money, then I pay. If I think I don't have money, then I don't pay til later or something.

Intuition and vibes guide me.
    Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Don't trust those bastards at SBC. Always look your bill over, especially if you have the all distance connections plan and unlimited free LD. If your bill changes even slightly, they are most likely charging you inappropriately.

Comment

Originally posted by Chesterfield Cat@Mar 2 2004, 08:15 PM
        Don't trust those bastards at SBC. Always look your bill over, especially if you have the all distance connections plan and unlimited free LD. If your bill changes even slightly, they are most likely charging you inappropriately.
        I hate SBC. For some reason that they can't explain, I can't call a 636 number that is two minutes from my house without being charged for a long distance call.
        If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

Originally posted by Chesterfield Cat@Mar 2 2004, 08:15 PM
          I was kidding.

My bill is simple. It changes rarely.

Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Switch local service providers to AT&T.

Explain exactly to them what you want.

You can probably worm a $25.00 credit out of them for making the switch.
            And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Good idea. I used to get $50 checks in the mail all the time from AT&T when i was in college to switch over. I'm sure the same concept would work when convincing them that I'm fed up with SBC. The only thing is, AT&T will probably make me pay connection fees and all that all over again, which is a hassle i'm not sure i'm ready for.

Comment

I have to watch my local bill like a hawk..........They've added services without me asking............It's ridiculous..........

JD......you like AT&T for local service...........I've had problems with them changing my long distance service too......
                AKA reddevil
                AKA davel a devil

[COLOR=red'][/COLOR]

Comment

davel,

Here's my gameplan.

I already have broadband (cable modem)

I use my cellphone for any serious long distance.

So, I don't care about my land-line long distance telco. The charges never amount to more than $5-$6.00 and that includes taxes.

I also dropped the wire maintenance plan when I switched.

If anything goes wrong with the phone line, screw it.

I'll just install voice over internet service.
                  And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

Comment

I'll just install voice over internet service.
                    I think that's the ticket...........Of course I have to finally get broadband........But I'm thinking DSL........I hate Charter........If I could get a clear signal in my backyard (too many big trees) I'd have switched to Satelite by now.........
                    AKA reddevil
                    AKA davel a devil

[COLOR=red'][/COLOR]

Comment

Charter may be able to put a package together for you.

Comment

i work for a local phone company, though not SBC.

anytime you change plans, you're next bill is going to be higher, because we prorate you at your new rate for the rest of the billing period, and then charge the next full month in advance. when you change twice within a few days, you're going to get a really screwy bill. but everything should be back to normal 3 months after the fact.

davel........satellite internet? why bother. way more expensive than cable or DSL, and not as fast, either. plus, with satellite, not only is it more expensive monthly, but you have to buy hundreds of dollars worth of extra equipment. the only reason you do that is if dsl and cable is not available.
                        Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Comment

When I first signed up for DSL several years ago, they over billed me for MONTHS, I canceled a second line I had just for dial up, they kept charging me for it, something like 7 months, they owed and paid me a couple hundred bucks.

But I will also say that I called the other day, I told them I had been with SWBELL for a long time paying 50 bucks a month for DSL, and that I keep seeing people get this 29 dollar deal, I said I wanted a lower price or faster service, they gave me an upgrade DSL package, and cut my cost by 5 bucks,

I do LOVE the DSL.
                          Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

If phone companies didn't screw up their bills, many, many people would be out of work. I worked for AT&T and Verizon, in their billing centers and it is a very common practice. We were told at both places to try as hard as you can to justify the charges and if you really, really have to, give the credit. I have given hundres of dollars of credit to people that were just out right ripped off. I think all phone companies have the same mindset, if the customer doesn't complain, we made more money. Those practices were one of the reasons I left those places. At AT&T, I worked in the International call center and that was quite an experience. A lot of the people could barely speak english and it sometimes took hours to explain the taxes and surcharges. By the way, the definition of surcharge is "to charge another fee".
                            I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

i don't try to justify it. i tell them outright if it's wrong. i'm just not gonna do that to people.
                              Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Comment

Working...
                              X