For all the anti-gun folks....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For all the anti-gun folks....

Here are some examples of saved lives. I was going to copy and paste but it was way too long.

http://www.healylaw.com/self-def.htm
    Asked what he would do differently in Iraq, Kerry said, "Right now, what I would do differently is, I mean, look, I'm not the president, and I didn't create this mess so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made."

I am pretty much on the other side of this issue. That is a damned impressive post on your part.
    v

Comment

Those stories are mightily impressive...

The question looms, however, do the positives outweigh the negatives?

You need to provide the negative instances as well, to get a true feel for the overall effect.
      " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

So this is 1,000 cases over about a decade?

I wonder, during that same time, how many:

1. People were murdered with handguns

2. People committed suicide with a handy handguns

3. Kids killed themselves or each other with daddy's handgun

4. Handguns were stolen

And so on.

Comment

Originally posted by ReggieCleveland@Mar 2 2004, 08:21 PM

4. Handguns were stolen

And so on.
          How many crimes are contemplated but never committed because potential criminals fear the possibility of armed self-defense.

Those statistics don't show up either, Reg.

Comment

Originally posted by ReggieCleveland@Mar 2 2004, 08:21 PM

4. Handguns were stolen

And so on.
            I also wonder how many:

1. People were murdered with cars

2. People committed suicide with handy belts

3. Kids killed themselves in family swimming pools

4. cars were stolen

and so on.
            Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

How many crimes are contemplated but never committed because potential criminals fear the possibility of armed self-defense.
              Oh, I'd guess maybe....seven.

I also wonder how many:

4. cars were stolen

and so on.
              Sophistry, my fine conservative brother.

Comment

Why is that Reg.

How is that fallacious?

Comment

I agree with Reggie on the issue of guns. It is the one time in my life that I have stooped low enough to agree with him.

But since I agree with him, I am probably completely wrong on how I feel about this issue. But still right on every other issue, since I disagree with Reggie in all of them...
                  “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

Originally posted by Razzy@Mar 2 2004, 08:31 PM
                    I agree with Reggie on the issue of guns. It is the one time in my life that I have stooped low enough to agree with him.

But since I agree with him, I am probably completely wrong on how I feel about this issue. But still right on every other issue, since I disagree with Reggie in all of them...
                    What?

Comment

People "murdered" with cars is probably under 100. People murdered with handguns is likely over 10,000.

Some, but probably a small percentage of people (most likely teenagers) who offed themselves because at the crucial moment a gun was right there in the drawer. Or someone shot his or her spouse in a drunken rage, although that probably goes under 1.

Well, guess you can look at it two ways: You can have a swimming pool in your backyard, which might be dangerous under some circumstances, or you can have a gun in your house, which would be dangerous under pretty much any circumstances. Kids, like anyone else, get killed in accidents. You don't have to provide them the means to have accidents, too.

4. cars were stolen
                      I suspect that the number of cars stolen and then used to rob or kill someone is pretty small.

You're equating any death or accident with gun deaths or accidents. No can do.

Comment

Originally posted by ReggieCleveland@Mar 2 2004, 08:28 PM

Sophistry, my fine conservative brother.
                        I think Reg is being sarcastic, lazy.

Comment

No, Reg is not. Reg is as anti-gun as any wild-assed liberal.

However, unlike wild-assed liberals, Reg knows a lost cause when he sees one, so he doesn't spend a whole lot of time arguing this topic.

Comment

Awful lot of assuming and suspecting in those arguments.

Who is using Sophistry?

A gun is like anything else. It is a tool. It has many different uses. Some more inherently dangerous than others.

It all boils back to personal responsibility.

Either you have it or you don't.

How do you legislate against that effectively?

Comment

Originally posted by ReggieCleveland@Mar 2 2004, 08:35 PM

People "murdered" with cars is probably under 100. People murdered with handguns is likely over 10,000.

By who, criminals? They are carrying guns anyway. How many people are murdered by permit holders?

It's funny you never hear about stories of people with permits to carry handguns getting in any trouble with them. It's always the people that already have them illegally.
                              Asked what he would do differently in Iraq, Kerry said, "Right now, what I would do differently is, I mean, look, I'm not the president, and I didn't create this mess so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made."

Comment

Working...
                              X