I just don't understand....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just don't understand....

political threads written by Lazydaze...

I have been reading a lot of these...and I tend to agree with Lazydaze (and even Damtoft..but not Reggie) on a lot of these issues..

Am I turning Republican....God, say it isnt true!!

Can someone explain why??

Not sure how you can avoid agreeing with me if you agree with Lazy and Damtoft....but then, if you had sense you'd be a conservative in the first place....

Comment

Originally posted by ReggieCleveland@Mar 2 2004, 06:35 PM
      Not sure how you can avoid agreeing with me if you agree with Lazy and Damtoft....but then, if you had sense you'd be a conservative in the first place....
      Reggie...

Well, frankly, it is a little taxing...

In the last few weeks when reading the political threads...I tried not to look at the names...then, when I did...it was mostly Lazy and JD I agreed with...however, I knew your posts and JD's a mile away...so, it was mostly King and Lazy I was agreeing with.

I am the antithesis of conservatism....

Where I have been agreeing on is fiscal/economic issues...and not social issues. I am a very liberal bloke on social issues...but have become quite conservo on the fiscal issues...I dont want to give anyone my hard, earned $$.

Comment

Originally posted by Indu WangZi@Mar 2 2004, 06:25 PM

You probably like to keep your hard earned cash and not give so much of it away to the gubbermint
        Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

I have been reading a lot of these...and I tend to agree with Lazydaze (and even Damtoft..but not Reggie) on a lot of these issues..

Stopped by the old stomping grounds again while visiting Bangkok didn't you Wanger.

Stay off the hard stuff mate.
          Sponsor of Alex Pieterangelo.

..."I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best

Comment

How old are you? Most people get wiser as they get older and see what the real world is like. Assuming their paychecks aren't tied to the government or unions.
            Asked what he would do differently in Iraq, Kerry said, "Right now, what I would do differently is, I mean, look, I'm not the president, and I didn't create this mess so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made."

Comment

I am a confused on how I should feel.

I want to take it as a compliment, but Indu sounds somewhat disappointed to even occasionally agree with me.
              Ah well, the life of republican.

Really, do I come of as a staunch republican? matt75 said that the other day. Sorry, I realize I support the war on terrorism (including Iraq) and even defend it from what I consider some untruths. Sometimes I bait a bit to have fun with some folks, but...Am I truly perceived as a rightwing conservative.

Or do I just fall a bit more on the republican side?

You know what they say...Curiosity killed the cat.
              Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze@Mar 2 2004, 06:43 PM
                Am I truly perceived as a rightwing conservative.

Pretty much.
                Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

You know it's funny. When it comes to baseball, I agree with Damtoft and Reggie. When it comes to politics, I agree with Lazy and Trig.

Ain't it a funny world?
                  Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze@Mar 2 2004, 06:43 PM
                    I am a confused on how I should feel.

I want to take it as a compliment, but Indu sounds somewhat disappointed to even occasionally agree with me.
                    Ah well, the life of republican.

Really, do I come of as a staunch republican? matt75 said that the other day. Sorry, I realize I support the war on terrorism (including Iraq) and even defend it from what I consider some untruths. Sometimes I bait a bit to have fun with some folks, but...Am I truly perceived as a rightwing conservative.

Or do I just fall a bit more on the republican side?

You know what they say...Curiosity killed the cat.
                    Lazy,

Well, mate...I still dont agree with you on anything to do with American foreign policy...but, in terms of what you think about sycophant politicos...we agree whole-heartedly...

Now..on the fiscal issues is where we really begin to agree..

I perceive you to be a republican...not a right wingo..but an example of a typical, moderate Republican...no worries there, matey..you gotta be a true-bluer to what you believe.

I am in my late 30's...so, I have had lots of time and experience...I juse have never debated the merits of these as much as I have since joining this group of people...

It's amazing what you learn when you discuss these issues with a very wide-ranging group of people as the one we have here.

Comment

Originally posted by cardinalgirl@Mar 2 2004, 06:50 PM
                      You know it's funny. When it comes to baseball, I agree with Damtoft and Reggie. When it comes to politics, I agree with Lazy and Trig.

Ain't it a funny world?

Trying to slip that one by us CG?
                      Sponsor of Alex Pieterangelo.

..."I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best

Comment

Originally posted by cardinalgirl@Mar 2 2004, 06:50 PM

Ain't it a funny world?
                        Thanks CG

I think?
                        Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze+Mar 2 2004, 06:54 PM-->
                            QUOTE(lazydaze @ Mar 2 2004, 06:54 PM)

Originally posted by hkyfan+Mar 2 2004, 06:55 PM-->
                            QUOTE(hkyfan @ Mar 2 2004, 06:55 PM)
                            Originally posted by [email protected] 2 2004, 06:54 PM
                          Working...
                          X