Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drew Henson visits the Rams

via PTI today...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Bernie reports they are very interested in him.
    And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Mar 2 2004, 05:03 PM
      Bernie reports they are very interested in him.
      Why doesnt that surprise me?

Martz is fucked up
      Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Originally posted by JackSparrow+Mar 2 2004, 05:10 PM-->
        QUOTE(JackSparrow @ Mar 2 2004, 05:10 PM)

Houston wants a #! pick.
        And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Mar 2 2004, 05:33 PM
          Houston wants a #! pick.
          when Martz found that out, he probably jumped out of his chair at rams park and shrieked "IS THAT ALL???????"

He is probably willing to part with number one picks for the rest of this decade to get his hands on Henson.
          Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

He parted with a #1 pick for Trung Canidate.

Comment

Actually, I heard Howard Ballzer on the radio the other night saying that Houston is either looking for a 2nd round pick next year or a conditional 3rd round pick that could turn into a 1st round pick if Henson meets certain performance oriented standards. The Sporting News magazine did a good article on Henson about a week ago. They basically said that physically he is as gifted as they come, but that the main issue is going to be whether he can get the mental part of the game down.

Comment

The Texans, who used a sixth-round pick in the 2003 draft to secure Henson's rights for the express purpose of trading him, have laid out conditions for a deal.

Casserly is said to be seeking a second-round choice in the 2005 draft. Or he would accept a conditional third-round choice that could eventually escalate to a first-round pick. If Henson reached thresholds to trigger the second scenario, the Texans would take the first-rounder and then give back a second-round pick to the franchise that acquired Henson.

from ESPN.com
                Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
                Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
                There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
                "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
                "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

Comment

Nothing surprises me about Mike anymore.

Comment

I'd only do this under the condition that either Bulger or Warner were traded. Having said that, I bet Martz keeps four QBs on the roster, including Covington.

Comment

Think we can give them last year's first round pick for Henson?

Comment

Hopefully, they are trying to get Kurt to restructure, by letting him know he is not in their plans.
                        Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Originally posted by backstop@Mar 2 2004, 06:04 PM
                          Think we can give them last year's first round pick for Henson?
                          I'm all for that.
                          Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

From what I've heard, Houston wants a second-round pick for Henson plus a future conditional third-rounder that would escalate to a first-rounder if Henson meets certain standards on the field. If that pick becomes a first-rounder, Houston would then send a second-rounder the other way.

Now that Jeff Garcia is gone and the Niners are going to get another pick out of the T.O. fiasco (possibly No. 33 overall), I hope the Niners get involved but Terry Donahue is too big of a weenie to consider it.

Comment

Working...
                            X