ESPN Insider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN Insider

Grant Wistrom is likely to go to KC because the Rams couldn't offer more than 3 million dollars a year, due to the Timmerman contract.

They also list the Rams fourth on the list of teams likely to sign Henson.

Unless they have a plan of moving Lewis to DE or some other viable option, I'm fucking irate that they could resign an over the hill guard over a DE in his prime.

Wistrom isn't the be all end all at DE but I would rather have him than Timmerman at this point.

By the way, that was reported on the PD website today. Now we know where ESPN "Insider" gets some of their info.

Jim Thomas Article
    Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

I was expecting them to go after Winstrom rather than Timmerman, but considering the number of drafts they used in recent years, they probably felt comfortable at that position. I think they should have used that money to shore up the defense personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishbone@Mar 2 2004, 03:45 PM
        Grant Wistrom is likely to go to KC because the Rams couldn't offer more than 3 million dollars a year, due to the Timmerman contract.

They also list the Rams fourth on the list of teams likely to sign Henson.

Unless they have a plan of moving Lewis to DE or some other viable option, I'm fucking irate that they could resign an over the hill guard over a DE in his prime.
        Wistrom hit his prime in his 3rd season (2000) and has been downhill since then.

He was easily the worst DL on the Rams last season.
        Official Lounge Sponsor of:
        MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
        The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

I just don't get their logic. Clearly OL was a problem last year, so why would you perpetuate that problem by resigning an aging and declining part of the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishbone@Mar 2 2004, 03:50 PM
            I just don't get their logic. Clearly OL was a problem last year, so why would you perpetuate that problem by resigning an aging and declining part of the problem.
            The same exact thing can be said of Wistrom and the DL.
            MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishbone@Mar 2 2004, 03:45 PM
              "Cant" Wistrom's prime just isn't that good...high-effort/low-production DE's are a dime a dozen...
              . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
              -mike
              mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

Comment

People bitched and moaned about Timmerman all year. I don't understand re-signing him.
                Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Wistrom isn't declining, he may have peaked, but he isn't declining at the precipitous rate that Timmerman is.

Comment

How easy you can replace has to be a factor.

easier to replace a average DE, or an average OG
                    Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Originally posted by Fishbone@Mar 2 2004, 03:52 PM
                      Wistrom isn't declining, he may have peaked, but he isn't declining at the precipitous rate that Timmerman is.
                      But he's certainly not worth $3,000,000.

He's no better than an average NFL end @ this point. Not worth much money, and the team can do better than him anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze@Mar 2 2004, 03:52 PM
                        How easy you can replace has to be a factor.

easier to replace a average DE, or an average OG
                        The problem is that if the Rams hadn't signed Timmerman, they'd be looking to replace TWO OGs.

Now they just have one to find.

Comment

Every time i watch a Rams broadcast, the thing they said every time was Winstrom's intensity level and how i can't be matched by many across the league. I didn't think he was on the decline either.

Comment

Originally posted by Chesterfield Cat@Mar 2 2004, 03:55 PM
                            Every time i watch a Rams broadcast, the thing they said every time was Winstrom's intensity level and how i can't be matched by many across the league. I didn't think he was on the decline either.
                            I watched every minute of every game, and he'd go a month at a time without making an impact play.

He showed up for about 2-3 games this season.

Not worth that kind of $.

Comment

Working...
                            X