Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lankford Projected to Make Team

This from: http://www.thestlcardinals.com/

According to these guys, Ray is looking good in Spring.

Left-field - The battle for left-field continues, with the early favorite Kerry Robinson doing well. A significant factor in determining who's going to be in left field, is which way they bat. A left-hander will have the advantage. Among the left-handed hitters, trying for the position, are Ray Lankford, Kerry Robinson, Kevin Witt, Colin Porter, Steve Cox and John Mabry. The Cardinals have only one other left-hander in the regular lineup and that is Edmonds. If Marlon Anderson starts at second, that will give them two left-handed hitters. Ray Lankford has been impressive early in his work outs and stands a good chance to at least make the team, if not start in left.
    While they find the skills of Pujols to be impressive, they are not overwhelmed with his personality.

Spring Training Field Report

from CIA Agent , Howell, Jason Howell

Greg Vaughn is not looking too good. I didn't see him hit 3 balls hard in 3 days. He is popping everything up. Albert is crushing line drives He looks as if he is in mid-season form. Renteria & Rolen are also hitting well. I watched Bo Hart and Marlon Anderson take grounders and turn double plays for a good while on Thursday, neither one ever faltered. Its gonna come down to who can hit the best.

As for the pitchers - pretty much as reported everywhere else. Haren throwing hard, didn't see much of Benes pitching. Woody is in very good spirits, he doesn't act like he has any serious problems, at least in his appearance and character. he doesn't seem worried??? Didn't see much of Izzy at all, I heard he was sick with a fever. I talked to Adam Wainright a little while, he talked like he thought he was headed to Memphis for sure this year.

Albert Pujols the 100 million dollar man. He is definitely a 100 million man in ALL respects. He is even rude to little kids around the practice facility - never smiles or waves to the fans - of any age. Rolen stands around signs some autos, jokes and chats, he is a great guy. I am afraid Albert has already forgotten where he came from, very disappointing, If you ask me he is heading right down Bonds and Griffey JR road. This will eventually significantly hurt is rep and career.

I also heard a RUMOR that he has a MILLION dollar attitude in the clubhouse. Lets hope his head doesn't get too much higher than his average

Jason Howell, CIA

Editor's Note - the views expressed here about Pujols, are those of the
    fan reporter and not the Birdhouse or the Cardinals Newsletter.
    To me, I think Albert is just all business during the Spring -- but who really knows.

Thanks
    "You can't handle my opinions." Moedrabowsky

Jeffro is a hell of a good man.

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

That doesn't sound like anything new with Pujols.

I hope he keeps that focus all season.
    His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
    Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

Originally posted by FAR52@Mar 2 2004, 10:04 AM
      This from: http://www.thestlcardinals.com/

According to these guys, Ray is looking good in Spring.

Left-field - The battle for left-field continues, with the early favorite Kerry Robinson doing well. A significant factor in determining who's going to be in left field, is which way they bat. A left-hander will have the advantage. Among the left-handed hitters, trying for the position, are Ray Lankford, Kerry Robinson, Kevin Witt, Colin Porter, Steve Cox and John Mabry. The Cardinals have only one other left-hander in the regular lineup and that is Edmonds. If Marlon Anderson starts at second, that will give them two left-handed hitters. Ray Lankford has been impressive early in his work outs and stands a good chance to at least make the team, if not start in left.
      While they find the skills of Pujols to be impressive, they are not overwhelmed with his personality.

Spring Training Field Report

from CIA Agent , Howell, Jason Howell

Greg Vaughn is not looking too good. I didn't see him hit 3 balls hard in 3 days. He is popping everything up. Albert is crushing line drives He looks as if he is in mid-season form. Renteria & Rolen are also hitting well. I watched Bo Hart and Marlon Anderson take grounders and turn double plays for a good while on Thursday, neither one ever faltered. Its gonna come down to who can hit the best.

As for the pitchers - pretty much as reported everywhere else. Haren throwing hard, didn't see much of Benes pitching. Woody is in very good spirits, he doesn't act like he has any serious problems, at least in his appearance and character. he doesn't seem worried??? Didn't see much of Izzy at all, I heard he was sick with a fever. I talked to Adam Wainright a little while, he talked like he thought he was headed to Memphis for sure this year.

Albert Pujols the 100 million dollar man. He is definitely a 100 million man in ALL respects. He is even rude to little kids around the practice facility - never smiles or waves to the fans - of any age. Rolen stands around signs some autos, jokes and chats, he is a great guy. I am afraid Albert has already forgotten where he came from, very disappointing, If you ask me he is heading right down Bonds and Griffey JR road. This will eventually significantly hurt is rep and career.

I also heard a RUMOR that he has a MILLION dollar attitude in the clubhouse. Lets hope his head doesn't get too much higher than his average

Jason Howell, CIA

Editor's Note - the views expressed here about Pujols, are those of the
      fan reporter and not the Birdhouse or the Cardinals Newsletter.
      To me, I think Albert is just all business during the Spring -- but who really knows.

Thanks
      I've heard too many good stories about Albert to believe this is pretentiousness.

I think it's more Teddy Baseball-like:

Don't bother me, I'm hitting..
      The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

Cox is gonna get it....

HE'S MY BOY!!!!

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
        Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
        -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Whats this CIA bullshit?

Who the fuck is he?
          Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Originally posted by 007@Mar 2 2004, 10:08 AM
            Cox is gonna get it....

HE'S MY BOY!!!!
            007:

Someone told me that last night on SOL, TLR said that Witt had really been impressive. Could be that he's leaning Witt's way early on. I don't know much about him, but apparently he has got some decent power. But with Witt, it would put lead-off back at second base.

Lots of decisions to be made this Spring. Should be exciting.

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

Comment

Originally posted by FAR52+Mar 2 2004, 10:11 AM-->
              QUOTE(FAR52 @ Mar 2 2004, 10:11 AM)

Originally posted by JackSparrow@Mar 2 2004, 10:09 AM
              Whats this CIA bullshit?

Who the fuck is he?
              They are die-hard Cards fans who were the first to report that Pujols had signed for $100 million. That's all I know about them.

I'm guessing the "CIA" thing was a stab at humor.

Comment

Originally posted by FAR52@Mar 2 2004, 10:13 AM
                I'm guessing the "CIA" thing was a stab at humor.
                Figured so.

Lame attempt, however.
                Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

I have heard the same about Pujols ever since people started wanting his autograph.

I think his focus is on hitting, not on signing stuff or joking with fans. And that is fine with me.
                  Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Yeah I wondered what the deal was with these guys -- who they are, etc.

If these are just "die hard fans" then their report on Lankford doesn't mean much to me.
                    When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Pujols can be as much of a dickhead as he wants as long as he continues to mash the ball.

Winston, is that Rachel Weisz in the avatar? Picture's too small to tell. Plus, I have to observe, it does not display her rack.

Comment

Originally posted by moedrabowsky@Mar 2 2004, 10:06 AM
                        That doesn't sound like anything new with Pujols.

I hope he keeps that focus all season.
                        Agreed, he's always like that.
                        Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Originally posted by 007+Mar 2 2004, 10:12 AM-->
                          QUOTE(007 @ Mar 2 2004, 10:12 AM)
                          Originally posted by [email protected] 2 2004, 10:11 AM

Originally posted by dvyyyyyy+Mar 2 2004, 11:45 AM-->
                          QUOTE(dvyyyyyy @ Mar 2 2004, 11:45 AM)
                        Working...
                        X