• Manning signs $99 Million Deal

Includes a $34M signing bonus. Wow.

Source
    Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan@Mar 2 2004, 09:04 AM
    Includes a $34M signing bonus. Wow.

Source
    :o

And he can earn $19 mil more in incentives.

Wow indeed. :o

Comment

Cha Ching!

Colt for life.

Thanks for posting that.

Comment

Every day I kick myself for not devoting my life to perfection of some major sport.
        First Fan of the Halifax IceBreakers!

Comment

I have expensive taste in favorite players.

First Pujols, now Peyton.

I sure can spend other people's money good, can't I?
          Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

CG,

You didn't necessarily want a Super Bowl championship by the Colts this decade, right?

Comment

Umm, YES I really do.

But, you know, anything can happen in football. That's what Dev told me.

Comment

Cha Ching!

Colt for life.
                Didn't they say that about Drew Bledsoe after his big deal?

Comment

This isn't like Steve Young's deal with the USFL's LA Express, is it?

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                  Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                  -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Colts should be able to handle this cap wise.

Cutting a lot of losers and several guys have already restructured their deals.
                    Lounge sponsor of Gary Brackett, Reggie Wayne, Henrik Zetterberg (not lounge approved) and all country music.

Comment

This is a great deal for the Colts in 2004. If this contract is structured like most long term deals are, Manning is going to count less than $5 million against the 2004 cap, giving them plenty of money to go out and get some defensive players. This saves them over $13 million on the 2004 cap, assuming this is structured like most of these contracts are.

If it is in fact structured like that, they should be going hard after Jevon Kearse, Warren Sapp AND Shawn Springs/Antoine Winfield/Ahmed Plummer (I have no doubt they could land Plummer, who wants to live closer to his Ohio home). They'll have the money to do it and then might actually have a defense capable of getting through January.

Comment

Devaskar RULES!

Comment

I don't know if Kearse is a fit here, we already have too many guys that go upfield to quick and can't stop the run.
                          Lounge sponsor of Gary Brackett, Reggie Wayne, Henrik Zetterberg (not lounge approved) and all country music.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubs4ever@Mar 2 2004, 08:26 AM
                            I don't know if Kearse is a fit here, we already have too many guys that go upfield to quick and can't stop the run.
                            Which is why I said they should go after Sapp too. And while I'm at it, throw in Robaire Smith. They have the money to do it (although probably not $13 million; you have to factor in the guys they would have cut had they not agreed to this deal).

If the Colts were to get Kearse, not only would it take away from their biggest division rival but it would ease a lot of pressure off Freeney's shoulders. And they need another end with Chad Bratzke retiring. The Colts certainly will never win anything with the defense they have now.

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar+Mar 2 2004, 10:34 AM-->
                              QUOTE(devaskar @ Mar 2 2004, 10:34 AM)
                            Working...
                            X