'Super' St. Louis graffiti artist sentenced to 10 years in prison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Super' St. Louis graffiti artist sentenced to 10 years in prison

ST. LOUIS • It has been a not-so-super two weeks for a prolific St. Louis graffiti artist sentenced here in state court Friday to 10 years in prison, after receiving nine years in federal prison last month for drug crimes.
    St. Louis Circuit Judge James Sullivan on Friday sentenced David Cox, who is better known by his “Super” graffiti tag spray-painted on walls and buildings across the St. Louis region.
    Cox, 34, of the 2600 block of South Compton Avenue, pleaded guilty to five counts of property damage, resisting arrest and unlawful possession of a firearm as part of an agreement with prosecutors.
    He was charged in April after he fled police and abandoned his truck that contained spray paint cans and a pistol. Authorities were watching him as part of a federal meth investigation.
    Police said Cox hit the empty Jefferson Arms building, at 415 North Tucker Boulevard, on Christmas Eve, spray-painting the name “Super” on the side of the building on an upper floor. Police also suspected him of painting “Super” on the side of an apartment building in the 300 block of North Memorial Drive.
    Last year, the Post-Dispatch reported about graffiti becoming a growing problem for businesses in the city, and in December 2015 that complaints had been on the rise.
    Cox pleaded guilty in November to federal charges of possessing and distributing methamphetamine and was sentenced Feb. 28 to nine years in prison. The federal and state prison sentences will run concurrently.

Damn dude was my St Louis Hero, I wanted to track him down and talk Graffiti, but shit I ain't going to jail to see him.
    10 fucking years
    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

"My St. Louis hero" a tagger who goes to prison on a gun charge.

Well, good luck with that.

Comment

they should give him a few more years in jail for having the lamest tags in the history of St. Pouis graffiti.

Comment

Originally posted by B.A. View Post
        they should give him a few more years in jail for having the lamest tags in the history of St. Pouis graffiti.
        I never understood Ed Boxx's cigarette obsession.

Comment

Our heroes always disappoint.

Sorry, yaks.
          Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
          -Barry Goldwater

Comment

Hope he read your guide to assplay.

Comment

Originally posted by El Birdo 1 View Post
              Our heroes always disappoint.

Sorry, yaks.
              First Big Mac, now SUPER

SIGH

Comment

Originally posted by Taint View Post
                Hope he read your guide to assplay.
                nice

Comment

I just can't believe he got 10 years.
                  But I guess since the sentences run concurrently he is getting one more year for the graffiti and gun. Since he was already doing nine for the drugs.
                  And that dude had tags and pieces all over the place.
                  Ballsy dude, I'd love to have as much stuff out there as he does.

Dude should have left the drugs and guns alone, just stuck to his art.

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks View Post

You spelled property damage wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by wad View Post
                      You spelled property damage wrong.
                      Someone send a tagger or two to madyaks neighborhood and house.

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks View Post
                        I just can't believe he got 10 years.
                        But I guess since the sentences run concurrently he is getting one more year for the graffiti and gun. Since he was already doing nine for the drugs.
                        And that dude had tags and pieces all over the place.
                        Ballsy dude, I'd love to have as much stuff out there as he does.

And people wonder why I think yaks isn't all there. Jesus Christ.

Comment

Originally posted by Catfish Hunter View Post
                          Someone send a tagger or two to madyaks neighborhood and house.

I don't condone doing it to a private home or car or any of that shit, but on these closed building or warehouses, trains......

Comment

Wait, wut?

Comment

Madywaks is ratfag

Comment

Working...
                              X