• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Link
    Rockstar Games Announces Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
    Monday March 1, 7:55 am ET

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 1, 2004--Rockstar Games, the world-renowned publishing division of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO - News), is pleased to announce Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, the next iteration in the globally successful Grand Theft Auto franchise. Developed by world-class designers Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas will be available exclusively for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and is expected to be in stores in North America on October 19, 2004 and in Europe on October 22, 2004.
    "In the past couple of years, we have put an enormous amount of pressure on ourselves to ensure we do everything possible to exceed people's expectations with Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas," stated Sam Houser, President of Rockstar Games. "Even though we still have eight months to go, we are starting to become very proud of what we have achieved and we can't wait to get the game into players' hands."

Leslie Benzies, President of Rockstar North, stated, "We are extremely humbled by the success of the Grand Theft Auto series and it has made us push ourselves further than ever to create a title in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas that will hopefully redefine the Grand Theft Auto series and revolutionize open-ended gameplay and video game production values."

Over 30 million units of the Grand Theft Auto franchise have been shipped to date, including over 11.5 million units of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and over 10.5 million units of Grand Theft Auto 3.
    . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
    -mike
    mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

I can't wait for it... Saying I've played Vice City too much is an insane understatement.

Though I'll be surprised if this one comes out this year when all is said and done.

"
    Why are the Russians suddenly a problem?" -Bgats

Comment

shit I am still working on Vice City already. I am also stuck on III because I can't get through Chinatown without being shot at.
      Sponsor of:
      Brian Elliott
      Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
      5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

My wife took Vice City away from me... :(

Me mates were coming over...drinking all the piss, cussing like sailors on leave and over-staying their welcome... :o

What can you do???

Comment

Originally posted by Indu WangZi@Mar 1 2004, 11:51 PM
          My wife took Vice City away from me... :(

Me mates were coming over...drinking all the piss, cussing like sailors on leave and over-staying their welcome... :o

What can you do???
          Get a divorce.

"
          Why are the Russians suddenly a problem?" -Bgats

Comment

Originally posted by mellanby_equals_grit+Mar 1 2004, 11:59 PM-->
            QUOTE(mellanby_equals_grit @ Mar 1 2004, 11:59 PM)

Besides John Madden, the best game of all time. I will buy it the day it comes out. The wife will already be hating the fact that it is coming out.......Really good news.
            Official Sponsor of Steven Jackson
            ---------------------------
            North County born and raised.
            ----------------------------
            Go Navy!
            ----------------------------
            http://www.freewebs.com/big_dawg160/
            (Nude pics!) Actually my CD, DVD, Book collection.

Comment

Does anyone know why it's called San Andreas?

The stretch of highway along the San Andreas fault is pretty boring, as far as Vice goes. There are a few suburbs with shopping malls (Sierramonte?) and some very wealthy suburbs (Atherton), but not much else. The reservoir for the area water supply is there. If you go far enough south to the San Jose area there might be some hacking or cracking or illegal music downloads going on.

The highway itself is cool, but it doesn't sound like a good place to set a video game.
              2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigfunctions@Mar 2 2004, 10:18 AM
                Does anyone know why it's called San Andreas?

The stretch of highway along the San Andreas fault is pretty boring, as far as Vice goes. There are a few suburbs with shopping malls (Sierramonte?) and some very wealthy suburbs (Atherton), but not much else. The reservoir for the area water supply is there. If you go far enough south to the San Jose area there might be some hacking or cracking or illegal music downloads going on.

The highway itself is cool, but it doesn't sound like a good place to set a video game.
                From ign.com:

"In the original Grand Theft Auto, San Andreas was a city that was based on the likeness of San Francisco. Sections of the city in the game had names that were variations of the names of different Bay Area neighborhoods. With the hilly nature of the city by the bay, gamers might be seeing some more terrain than previous installments."

It's a fake city, like the previous games.

Comment

Thanks glovesave, but I've decided I like my version better - driving around Atherton trying to look inside the gated driveways of internet Billionaires before their private securty squad asks to you to leave.
                  2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

Originally posted by Indu WangZi@Mar 2 2004, 12:00 AM
                    And give her half my assets...

Me thinks not...
                    Giving up 50% of all you got is better than taken 100% bullshit.

Want me to come over, have an affair with her? You can "catch us in the act" and throw her ass out.
                    Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Working...
                    X