Another reason Missouri is a hillbilly state

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wad View Post
    That man said he’s resigning because there’s of a bill that’s poorly worded…
    Good morning!

Comment

Dude was chief in Conroe, TX. They issue you a firearm at birth in Conroe.

Hope his family has another source of income.
      We had a drink or two,
      well, maybe three
      and then suddenly
      she starts tellin’ me her life story

Official sponsor of Johnny Rose

Comment

Did you even read the article? His concern isn't the guns - he even says he's a staunch supporter of 2A.

His problem is that the way the bill is written, it exposes the police to lawsuits and legal action for confiscating anyone's gun for any reason.

So if Ol' Crazy Charlie is deemed a serious risk to himself and others, they can't confiscate his AR15 to prevent the next mall shooting without being subject to legal reprisal.

The law ties the hands of the police and impedes them from doing their job. That's his issue.
        " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

Originally posted by JK View Post
          Did you even read the article? His concern isn't the guns - he even says he's a staunch supporter of 2A.

His problem is that the way the bill is written, it exposes the police to lawsuits and legal action for confiscating anyone's gun for any reason.

So if Ol' Crazy Charlie is deemed a serious risk to himself and others, they can't confiscate his AR15 to prevent the next mall shooting without being subject to legal reprisal.

The law ties the hands of the police and impedes them from doing their job. That's his issue.
          I read it, and I understand it. This kind of thing (things that tie law enforcements’ hands) is happening more and more everywhere. And it’s going to keep happening. My guess is he left TX for philosophical differences as well. Seems to me he’s gonna have to decide whether or not to stay in law enforcement. He’s going to run out of places to move to.
          Last edited by wad; 06-19-2021, 08:45 AM.
          We had a drink or two,
          well, maybe three
          and then suddenly

Comment

I read it, and I understand it. This kind of thing (things that tie law enforcements’ hands) is happening more and more everywhere. And it’s going to keep happening. My guess is he left TX for philosophical differences as well. Seems to me he’s gonna have to decide whether or not to stay in law enforcement. He’s going to run out of places to move to.
            You shouldn't guess. Because that's not what happened.

In 2018, Dupuis retired from the Conroe, Texas, police force after more than 30 years. Dupuis, 56, had been the Conroe police chief since 2009. The department had 142 officers and a $19 million budget. Conroe, which is north of Houston, has a population of about 75,000.

After his retirement, Dupuis served as owner/manager of Dupuis Investigations, according to his Linkedin page.
            Link

O'Fallon then used a search firm to identify him as a candidate for interim chief. It was supposed to be a temporary contracted role while they found a permanent chief. No clue why he agreed to drop the interim tag and take the job full time.

O'FALLON, Mo. — O’Fallon city leaders have tapped a Texas-based executive recruitment firm to find an interim police chief after Chief Tim Clothier announced his resignation after just 18 months on the job.

Mayor Bill Hennessy and the City Council hired Philip Dupuis through a contract with Strategic Government Resources. He will begin his role Friday – Clothier’s last official day on the job. Clothier has been on sick leave since he submitted his resignation.
            Link

Also, just because things are "happening more and more everywhere" means people should just accept them and get used to them? Seems to me like someone in this guy's position is exactly the type of person with the credibility to make a difference by speaking up on this issue and taking a stand.
            " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

In 2018, Dupuis retired from the Conroe, Texas, police force after more than 30 years. Dupuis, 56, had been the Conroe police chief since 2009. The department had 142 officers and a $19 million budget. Conroe, which is north of Houston, has a population of about 75,000.

After his retirement, Dupuis served as owner/manager of Dupuis Investigations, according to his Linkedin page.

Can’t open that PD link, but the above doesn’t say why he left after 30 years, just that he left.
              We had a drink or two,
              well, maybe three
              and then suddenly

Comment

Can’t open that PD link, but the above doesn’t say why he left after 30 years, just that he left.
                It doesn't say? You copied the reason right from my post to yours.

In 2018, Dupuis retired from the Conroe, Texas, police force after more than 30 years
                He retired. As most folks do when they've reached the point in their profession where they're eligible to retire and have the financial means to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by JK View Post

It doesn't say? You copied the reason right from my post to yours.

He retired. As most folks do when they've reached the point in their profession where they're eligible to retire and have the financial means to do so.
                  Seriously? He retired so he took the exact same position with a different city. Not so retired.
                  We had a drink or two,
                  well, maybe three
                  and then suddenly

Comment

Sounds like he quit, cause he thinks it's bullshit that individual cops are going to start being held personally liable for things that they do during their jobs. This probably will keep happening more and more, and go down a shitty road, before it gets better.

I did read the article.
                    Last edited by drat; 06-19-2021, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Seriously? He retired so he took the exact same position with a different city. Not so retired.
                      30 years, perhaps he had earned the best pension he was going to get. Quite common to get to that point, retire, and go find another salary.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsOnlyTheRiver View Post

30 years, perhaps he had earned the best pension he was going to get. Quite common to get to that point, retire, and go find another salary.
                        I understand. That’s not really “retiring.” It’s “taking retirement.” Semantics. In any case, Jay Kay doesn’t have any more of an idea if he parted ways with Conroe due to differences of opinions as I do.
                        We had a drink or two,
                        well, maybe three
                        and then suddenly

Comment

I understand. That’s not really “retiring.” It’s “taking retirement.” Semantics. In any case, Jay Kay doesn’t have any more of an idea if he parted ways with Conroe due to differences of opinions as I do.
                          You just can never concede that you may not be correct, can you?

Here's another write-up from the local county paper. I'm sure this is all bullshit though, and secretly Dupuis had a beef with someone or something and that's the real reason he retired.

Conroe, February 1 – Conroe Police Chief Philip Dupuis announced his retirement yesterday afternoon after working for the Conroe Police Department for 33 years and 4 months. Dupuis has made clear that he’s leaving law enforcement and his job to enjoy life.

Dupuis’ last day on the job will be February 9, 2018.

Sources inside the Conroe Police Department confirmed that Dupuis had considered retiring for several months. He considered possibly going to work for another law enforcement agency full- or part-time decided recently after the death of his dear friend Charlie Ray to retire to pursue other interests.

Dupuis never finished his second year of college at Sam Houston State University, as he decided to work full-time instead. He worked for two years with other law enforcement departments before joining the Conroe Police Department in 1984.

Conroe City Councilman Duane Ham said, “Philip Dupuis has been the greatest Police Chief in the history of the City of Conroe. He will be very difficult to replace. Two generations of officers trained under his great leadership as he rose through the Police Department. He’s leaving the City for all the right reasons: to enjoy his beautiful family and to enjoy life. We all wish him the very best in his future.”

The late Patrick Green, long time Conroe attorney and a former two-term President of the Montgomery County Bar Association who died last year, once told the Publisher of The Golden Hammer, “Philip Dupuis is not only a great police officer. He’s a great man. He’s truly one of the finest people I’ve met in my entire life. We were all fortunate in Conroe to live with this wonderful person.”

Comment

Because everyone who is a beloved legend in a city nestled on the shores of one of the largest and nicest residential and resort lakes in Texas ups and starts over in O’Fallon Fucking Missouri. There’s more there, J.
                            Last edited by wad; 06-19-2021, 04:14 PM.
                            We had a drink or two,
                            well, maybe three
                            and then suddenly

Comment

Some agencies make it mandatory to retire after 30 years: even if it means you’re 51 or 52 years old.

Comment

Because everyone who is a beloved legend in a city nestled on the shores of one of the largest and nicest residential and resort lakes in Texas ups and starts over in O’Fallon Fucking Missouri. There’s more there, J.
                                And what happened here, the “real” reason he left (didn’t retire):

. He’s leaving the City for all the right reasons: to enjoy his beautiful family and to enjoy life.

How naive are you to think there wasn’t something else at play here?
                                We had a drink or two,
                                well, maybe three
                                and then suddenly

Comment

Working...
                                X