Catch-all Religion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catch-all Religion Thread

Went looking for a thread to post this in and realized that almost every religious discussion we've ever had came in a thread that started on a completely different topic. Anyway, wanted to post this:

Pastafarian woman gets to wear a strainer on her head in license photo

Disappointed there's no comment section.

Atheism is a religion.
    Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleacher Creature View Post
      Atheism is a religion.
      re·li·gion
      rəˈlijən/
      noun

• the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

Last edited by InSighT; 11-14-2015, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Pastafarianism was funny for about 10 minutes.

"
        Why are the Russians suddenly a problem?" -Bgats

Comment

Originally posted by mellanby_equals_grit View Post
          Pastafarianism was funny for about 10 minutes.
          I mean, I'm not visiting their website regularly or anything, but that story is pretty funny.

Comment

Pastafarianism is just a troll job if they're doing it right. Which usually just means as a reaction to some public act that includes a religious doctrine or symbol, like putting the ten commandments out at the state capital, or something like that. I think it originated as a sartistic response to Intelligent Design as curriculum in public schools.
            25MM jobs in 10 years / 4% GDP Growth / Insurance for everybody / Schools flush with cash don't produce results
            Jan 2017: 4.7% U-3, 9.2% U-6, 62.7% LFPR, 5.2% Real Wages, 2.6% GDP, 19,827 DJIA, 2,271 S&P500, $2.316/gal

Comment

Originally posted by Bleacher Creature View Post
              Atheism is a religion.
              theism Translate Button
              [thee-iz-uh m]
              noun
              the belief in one God as the creator and ruler of the universe, without rejection of revelation (distinguished from deism ).
              Atheism is the opposite of that, "the non-belief in..."
              25MM jobs in 10 years / 4% GDP Growth / Insurance for everybody / Schools flush with cash don't produce results
              Jan 2017: 4.7% U-3, 9.2% U-6, 62.7% LFPR, 5.2% Real Wages, 2.6% GDP, 19,827 DJIA, 2,271 S&P500, $2.316/gal

Comment

At work, we have a 120-seat black box theatre known as The New Jewish Theatre which produces five shows per season, with each run lasting three or four weeks. The second production opens in December, so I began advertising it on our marquee electronic sign which sits on a busy intersection. We received a call last night from a member who drove by and thought the sign had been hacked because as she looked at it, she saw one in a series of five slides promoting the play. It read Bad Jews, which is the name of the next production.

Whoops.

Guess I'll be changing that Monday morning.
                Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
                Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
                There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
                "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
                "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

Comment

If God is all powerful, can he make a rock so big he can't pick it up?
                  June 9, 1973 - The day athletic perfection was defined.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Kva...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by tallahassee blues fan View Post
                    If God is all powerful, can he make a rock so big he can't pick it up?
                    Ask a theology major sometime:

"Can God create a degree so useless, even he can't get a job with it?"

Comment

Originally posted by Airshark View Post
                      Ask a theology major sometime:

"Can God create a degree so useless, even he can't get a job with it?"
                      who needs a degree or a job if you are really good at surgery?
                      v

Comment

Originally posted by InSighT View Post
                        re·li·gion
                        rəˈlijən/
                        noun

• the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                        User Settings > Account > Ignore List "wonderdog" > Save settings

When the universe laughs, take cover.

Money isn't real.

Comment

Working...
                        X