#OurTown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #OurTown

Ellisville to hand deer control over to police (STLToday)

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Rats with hooves.
    I like cheese.

Comment

They should hand it over to me.

Official Lounge sponsor of Chris Pronger & Alex Pietrangelo

Comment

All that food for Ellisville's homeless population.

"
        Why are the Russians suddenly a problem?" -Bgats

Comment

#DeerLivesMatter
          25MM jobs in 10 years / 4% GDP Growth / Insurance for everybody / Schools flush with cash don't produce results
          Jan 2017: 4.7% U-3, 9.2% U-6, 62.7% LFPR, 5.2% Real Wages, 2.6% GDP, 19,827 DJIA, 2,271 S&P500, $2.316/gal

Comment

My M-i-L's subdivision in Ballwin just approved a controlled bow-hunt to eradicate the deer in the neighborhood. She said an older woman at the meeting yelling "who's speaking for the deer" was the lone opposing voice.

Comment

I would favor an initiative to use deer to feed the hungry, including those that are not citizens.
              Nature always sides with the hidden flaw.

We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the hateful words and actions of the bad people but for the appalling silence of the good people.

Comment

Originally posted by raise View Post
                I would favor an initiative to use deer to feed the hungry, including those that are not citizens.
                And Asian Carp
                25MM jobs in 10 years / 4% GDP Growth / Insurance for everybody / Schools flush with cash don't produce results
                Jan 2017: 4.7% U-3, 9.2% U-6, 62.7% LFPR, 5.2% Real Wages, 2.6% GDP, 19,827 DJIA, 2,271 S&P500, $2.316/gal

Comment

Originally posted by triggercut1 View Post
                  Rats with hooves.
                  Exactly. They should be eliminated.

Comment

They are all over my neighborhood. I have seen at least 5 babies this spring too.
                    Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

If it removes deers I'm for it.

They're like squirrels, except when you encounter a confused squirrel on the road, struggling to decide between your car and the ditch you don't risk death.

Comment

Originally posted by jack jones View Post
                        If it removes deers I'm for it.

They're like squirrels, except when you encounter a confused squirrel on the road, struggling to decide between your car and the ditch you don't risk death.
                        We've run off the rest of their natural predators, so that leaves us to control the population. The hunting seasons should be expanded, but probably not for handgun season.

We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the hateful words and actions of the bad people but for the appalling silence of the good people.

Comment

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan View Post
                          They are all over my neighborhood. I have seen at least 5 babies this spring too.
                          Poison is the answer.

Comment

We've run off the rest of their natural predators, so that leaves us to control the population. The hunting seasons should be expanded, but probably not for handgun season.
                            Poison.

My sister hit one but wasn't hurt. I worked with a couple in college who were killed hitting one.

My bad experiences have been in northern Missouri and southern Iowa. I've come close half a dozen times but really, really close once, driving to Kirksville. Fortunately I was driving my girl's fancy European car with amazing brakes. I literally hit the brake pedal so hard my ass came out of the driver's seat. We missed a big one by just a few feet.

I suspect you've had a few incidents driving in Illinois, especially south.

Comment

My only issue with poison is the effect on any animal that might eat it. Is trapping viable? I have no idea.

I haven't had any issues, other than my dad hit one (1975 Caprice Classic convertible, the deer lost) around 2007, and I had to go pick him up. But that doesn't mean the issue isn't considerable. Suburban expansion chases off all the coyotes and wolves...

Comment

Working...
                              X