Trade Ankiel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Ankiel

He is never going to put on a major league uniform for the Cards again, this much is certain. I don't know why this town continues to print article after article on this guy when he hasn't proven a thing in over three years here. The BEST thing to do for his case and ours is trade him. Trade him to somebody that can give us an outfield prospect. The man will not pitch in our city again, it would freak his psyche up so bad, he can't take it. He will just get injured again this year, and just ride that injury out until his contract expires. I'm not a fan of this guy staying on our team anymore. He's not going to solve any of his problems in this organization, so why keep trying with him? Do whats best for HIS sake and trade him to another team so that he doesn't have the pressure to succeed staring him in the face every day he takes the mound. I'm curious to see how many others agree/ disagree with this opinion.

Perhaps you haven't heard the expression.

One crazy left handed starter that has won over 10 games as a rookie is worth a ton of outfiled prospects.

Quality left handed starters are hard to find - the Cardinals waste nothing by continuing to try and develop him. Let's see who was the last great left hander the Cardinals developed - some guy named Carlton. Ankiel's wildness closely resembles some of the exact things another great left hander went through. His name was Koufax.
    Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
    God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Originally posted by Schwahalala@Mar 1 2004, 10:04 PM
      Let's see who was the last great left hander the Cardinals developed - some guy named Carlton.
      Magraine...?
      . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
      -mike
      mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

Comment

joe magrane was one of my favorite cardinals. i wish he hadn't gotten hurt. he was a solid hurler until then.
        Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Comment

Trade for what?

You wouldn't get much.

Might as well see if he can turn it around. He had tremendous potential.
          Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Yeah, and his value is sky high right now so this is a GREAT idea! :rolleyes:
            *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Comment

I wanted to trade him the day after the 2000 playoffs ended.
              And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

I don't want to trade him.
                Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Originally posted by TTB@Mar 1 2004, 10:18 PM
                  Trade for what?

You wouldn't get much.

Might as well see if he can turn it around. He had tremendous potential.
                  That's how I lean too. However, I think he'll pitch again...and effectively. I even think that can happen for the Cards. The things he'll have to do to get ready after surgery will help fix the mechanics, IMO.

Comment

For Ankiel's sake, a change of scenary would probably be better for him. And I'm not quite sure about his contract status. It seems to me that we just re-sign him to one year deals every year, and all we hear is injuries from him. If he has all this potential and is great because he is left-handed and had one good season, then if you can get some position player prospects in return, then go for it. But only if thats possible.

Comment

Yeah, but I would rather keep him as a Cardinal.

I dont' want to trade him.
                      Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Trade him to the AL.
                        When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Ankiel's value is so low right now that they may as well stick with him through his rehab and see what happens. They're not going to get anything of substance in return so they're better off gambling and hoping he turns it around.

I agree that the local media makes too big a deal out of him every spring.

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar@Mar 2 2004, 10:57 AM
                            I agree that the local media makes too big a deal out of him every spring.
                            That's part of the reason I want him gone.

I'm sick of hearing about him and seeing questions about him.

Ever listen to SOL?

Every night 2-3 clowns will ask "How's Ankiel doing?"

Its as bad as last year "Any news on Chuck Finley?"
                            When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Originally posted by WinstonSmith@Mar 2 2004, 11:12 AM
                              Its as bad as last year "Any news on Chuck Finley?"
                              So you guys think Walt will sign him this year?
                              Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Working...
                              X