• Fucking love that Mother song…
    We had a drink or two,
    well, maybe three
    and then suddenly
    she starts tellin’ me her life story

Official sponsor of Johnny Rose

Comment

• Originally posted by Burrito Brother View Post

I only feed hummingbirds in the summer as the winter birds have flown south or have enough berries and critters to eat. We are fortunate to have as many as 20 Eurasian Tree Sparrows that are here year round but sighted mostly in the winter at the feeders. The species is unique to the St Louis area in North America as they are descended from 12 birds imported from Germany and released in 1870. They like it here and have stuck around.
      I have three eurasian tree sparrow families who nest around my house. They are really cool birds.
      Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

• Originally posted by wad View Post
        Fucking love that Mother song…
        https://youtu.be/H6_jBfoTLFQ

Comment

• Originally posted by cardinalgirl View Post

I have three eurasian tree sparrow families who nest around my house. They are really cool birds.
          You know this is the only place in North America that they inhabit right? Pretty cool!

Comment

• Originally posted by ItsOnlyTheRiver View Post

You know this is the only place in North America that they inhabit right? Pretty cool!
            Yep!
            Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

No kidding?!
              "The species is unique to the St Louis area in North America as they are descended from 12 birds imported from Germany and released in 1870. They like it here and have stuck around."

Comment

• Originally posted by Burrito Brother View Post

No kidding?!
                "The species is unique to the St Louis area in North America as they are descended from 12 birds imported from Germany and released in 1870. They like it here and have stuck around."
                Yeah I forget the guys name but some rich immigrant had a bunch of birds imported from Europe. The sparrows stuck around.

Comment

Yeah I forget the guys name but some rich immigrant had a bunch of birds imported from Europe. The sparrows stuck around.
                  That was the wiki

Comment

• Originally posted by The Ice View Post

That was the wiki
                    Ahh missed that. My bad. Thanks for linking it

Comment

• Originally posted by The Ice View Post
                      Yes
                      We had a drink or two,
                      well, maybe three
                      and then suddenly

Comment

• Don't those birds only live around here?
                        25MM jobs in 10 years / 4% GDP Growth / Insurance for everybody / Schools flush with cash don't produce results
                        Jan 2017: 4.7% U-3, 9.2% U-6, 62.7% LFPR, 5.2% Real Wages, 2.6% GDP, 19,827 DJIA, 2,271 S&P500, $2.316/gal

Comment

• Originally posted by marco View Post
                          Don't those birds only live around here?
                          I’m guessing there’s still some in Germany.
                          We had a drink or two,
                          well, maybe three
                          and then suddenly

Comment

• Tens of thousands of people attended the five-day Redneck Rave festival at Blue Holler Offroad Park in the small town of Mammoth Cave, 90 miles south of Louisville, last week.

Comment

• Dug out the first of three large bushes today. I had already cut it all down so it was removing the root. What a PITA. I dug around it, cut the roots that I could, dug under it enough that I could shove a floor jack in there. That worked great. I could not move it at all until I jacked that sumbitch up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Utah View Post
                                Dug out the first of three large bushes today. I had already cut it all down so it was removing the root. What a PITA. I dug around it, cut the roots that I could, dug under it enough that I could shove a floor jack in there. That worked great. I could not move it at all until I jacked that sumbitch up.
                                Just pull it out with a chain attached to your truck's bumper. Best to get a running start at it. Works every time.
                                You can't kill terror
                                So let's declare war
                                There's so many dead that we can't keep score

Comment

Working...
                                X