(L) 2013 World Series Game 1 Cardinals at Red Sox 7:07pm GDT -DaveStrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (L) 2013 World Series Game 1 Cardinals at Red Sox 7:07pm GDT -DaveStrong

Modern day sports are marked by fan bases that live and die with the fortunes of their teams. When things are good the fans are ecstatic and we when they are bad the fans are crestfallen. When their home team has a chance to win a national title the fan base whips themselves into a fever pitch as they realize these opportunities come along once or twice in a lifetime for most fans.
    However, there are exceptions. Some fan bases get to see national title attempts every 30 years. Should one take care of themselves and avoid dangerous situations you could see 2 magical runs. Some fan bases get to see national title attempts every 20 years. By 60 they have seen 3 and cherished every one of them. Still other blessed fans see a title run at an incredible 10 year clip. They are spoiled rotten and they know it.
    So what do you call a fan of a team that has a chance to win 4 world titles in 10 years. What is the name of a fan that has seen a 10 year run in which their teamhas arguably gotten better after each World Series win. That would be a St. Louis Cardinal fan.
    All that winning has created a different kind of die hard Cardinal baseball fan. There are still a bunch of nervous nellies who believe the curtain could come crashing down in horrible defeat at any time. That somehow this dream run will end short of its goal. But for a large majority the overall feeling is one of optimism.
    Optimism based upon historical results that more often than not end in Cardinal success. Yes the oddsmakers have installed the Red Sox as favorites. Yes the national media is enamored with the third straight opponent for the Cardinals that could be labeled destinies darlings. But not only will I take my chances as a Cardinal fan, I like them.
    This is not even bragging or boasting like. Analysis wise we are pretty good. Better quality and depth with our top two starters, the best catcher in baseball, our top hitter is back, our clown car is gassed up and just as good as the Red Sox's bullpen, our manager is one year less scared, and our die hard hoping has turned into pragmatic expectations.
    We are not the fans screaming at the night for our team to make the miracle play and win the game. We are the fans cheering throughout for the consistent right play that wins the game over the long haul. We have had our faith rewarded with miracles each of the last two seasons. Now the miracle is our faith. Now rock solid and unbreakable.
    Ask us if we are confident and we will give you 20 reasons on why the Red Sox might win but not one of why they will win. You can't think the Red Sox will win if you know the Cardinals are going to. We are all prepared to let the games play out. Observe wonderful individual performances by both teams. We will enjoy every moment of this once in a lifetime event that we get to see far more than almost any other fans.
    Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
    God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Win it for Dave
    Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Game Day, bitches
      Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Let's do this.
        Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Help!

Anyone have any suggestions for online viewing for the game? Our local Fox channel here in Mid-Mo are being absolute assholes and have forced Direct Tv to take down their station a couple of weeks ago unless they pay 3 times the amount of the last contract. I thought they would have reached an agreement by now, but no go as of this morning. This sucks. Help!

Comment

Win the World Series, bitches.
            "At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed."
            – Frederick Douglass, doing an amazing job since 1852

Comment

Originally posted by YYZ View Post
              Win the World Series, bitches.
              LET'S GO YOU REDBIRDS!!
              Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Who's going to win the World Series? Only a slight majority of ESPN's contributors is going with the Red Sox to win their first title since 2007.

Comment

Because I'm done underestimating St. Louis.

About freaking time.

Comment

Not a single person thinks this thing ends in 5?
                    Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
                    -Barry Goldwater

Comment

Originally posted by El Birdo 1 View Post
                      Not a single person thinks this thing ends in 5?
                      Just one. And an arch LC at that.

Comment

Commence destiny T minus 10 hours 50 minutes.
                        "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

Thing I love:

- The integration of Craig into the lineup and (possibly) Miller into the rotation is like pulling off a potentially series-turning postseason trade acquisition.

Thing I hate:

- Adore the game and I've always loved the Fall Classic, but I hate baseball in cold weather cities like Boston and StL. Its a variable that diminishes the quality and execution of the game.

Go, Redbirds.
                          "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

They gonna get this one in today?
                            I like cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by triggercut1 View Post
                              They gonna get this one in today?

Only a 30% chance of rain tonight but the field may be wet from showers today.
                              Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
                              God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Working...
                              X