X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BurnKU+Mar 1 2004, 04:26 PM-->
    QUOTE(BurnKU @ Mar 1 2004, 04:26 PM)

Originally posted by Damtoft@Mar 1 2004, 04:22 PM
    What will change as a result of the Ketchup Kid getting elected?
    We will all be freed from the terrible, overwhelming influence of the "special interests" to which Bush is beholden, yet Kerry, ironically, has managed to steer clear of in his lengthy time in the Senate.

And then everything will be wonderful.

Or so I've heard.
    I'm always right.

Comment

More dead civilians, no re-evaluation of our policies with Israel.

France obtains veto over US foreign policy.
      And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser+Mar 1 2004, 04:27 PM-->
        QUOTE(kaiser @ Mar 1 2004, 04:27 PM)

Originally posted by SLUBLUE+Mar 1 2004, 04:27 PM-->
        QUOTE(SLUBLUE @ Mar 1 2004, 04:27 PM)
        Originally posted by [email protected] 1 2004, 04:26 PM

I was gonna vote for Kerry until Nader got in the race, so now I'll vote for him.

But I'm sure I'm alone in doing that.
        I'm always right.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser@Mar 1 2004, 04:28 PM
          I was gonna vote for Kerry until Nader got in the race, so now I'll vote for him.

Iwas going to vote for Ron Paul until Kerry got in the way.
          Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Airshark: Look at how those numbers are bouncing around.
            Bush's numbers are steady: trending downward, that is!
            Norman Chad, syndicated columnist: “Sports radio, reflecting our sinking culture, spends entire days advising managers and coaches, berating managers and coaches, firing managers and coaches and searching the countryside for better middle relievers. If they just redirected their energy toward, say, crosswalk-signal maintenance, America would be 2 percent more livable.”

"The best argument against democracy," someone (Churchill?) said, "is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

Comment

Originally posted by SLUBLUE@Mar 1 2004, 04:27 PM
              not having religious zealots as judges
              I'd say religous zealots as judges to less damage to the country than activist liberal judges.

What religous judges are you referring to anyway, the ones that oppose abortion?
              Asked what he would do differently in Iraq, Kerry said, "Right now, what I would do differently is, I mean, look, I'm not the president, and I didn't create this mess so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made."

Comment

Originally posted by nick2@Mar 1 2004, 04:30 PM
                Airshark:  Look at how those numbers are bouncing around.
                Bush's numbers are steady: trending downward, that is!
                You should hope so, he's been on tv unchallenged for the last several months. Just wait until he has to clarify his positions. Oh wait, does he have any positions? Better not do that, too controversial.
                Asked what he would do differently in Iraq, Kerry said, "Right now, what I would do differently is, I mean, look, I'm not the president, and I didn't create this mess so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made."

Comment

Originally posted by BurnKU+Mar 1 2004, 04:31 PM-->
                  QUOTE(BurnKU @ Mar 1 2004, 04:31 PM)

QUOTE (kaiser @ Mar 1 2004, 04:28 PM)

Stay home and watch a movie!
                  Norman Chad, syndicated columnist: “Sports radio, reflecting our sinking culture, spends entire days advising managers and coaches, berating managers and coaches, firing managers and coaches and searching the countryside for better middle relievers. If they just redirected their energy toward, say, crosswalk-signal maintenance, America would be 2 percent more livable.”

"The best argument against democracy," someone (Churchill?) said, "is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

Comment

Originally posted by nick2@Mar 1 2004, 04:33 PM
                    QUOTE (kaiser @ Mar 1 2004, 04:28 PM)

Stay home and watch a movie!
                    No, this time I'm voting. Last election I stayed home to watch a movie instead of getting out and voting for Gore.

The movie was Love Story, so I felt like I'd done my part for Al. But obviously, that wasn't good enough.

I'm voting for Nader, no matter how much that may harm my next favorite candidate (Kerry).
                    I'm always right.

Comment

KU, there was a time when I though you were a Republican. Now I just think you hate all politicians. I can respect that.
                      Burn not a Republican!

Comment

Originally posted by nick2@Mar 1 2004, 04:39 PM
                        KU, there was a time when I though you were a Republican. Now I just think you hate all politicians. I can respect that.
                        Burn not a Republican!

Not if being a republican is how the current ones are acting.

Comment

Working...
                        X