Siamese Cat help..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Siamese Cat help..

This 5 pound little guy is having some problems. My friend says she's been running around the house, trying to get outside, and yelping. More than usual. Could this be signs of heat? Isabelle's been supposedly spayed, but I don't know. She took in a $500 pure-bred stray, which is kind of odd. Why didn't the owners want her?

Cats are annoying like this, I realize, but if anybody could shed some light on what it could be, that would be very helpful.
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

turn on the AC, this cat is in heat.
    "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

If's she's walking around backwards alot, or with her butt in the air, she is in heat.

Comment

Cat ... it's what's for dinner?

Comment

Originally posted by pgrote@Mar 1 2004, 03:47 PM
          Cat ... it's what's for dinner?
          I'm 1/198735th Chinese and I'm vely offended by that statement, Patlick.

Comment

The best solution for any cat problems is to cook them.

They taste great pan-fried in olive oil and garlic (but what doesn't?)
            Official Lounge Sponsor of:
            MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
            The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

http://www.ooze.com/ooze13/cats.html#cook
              Official Lounge Sponsor of:
              MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
              The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Gonzo@Mar 1 2004, 03:46 PM
                If's she's walking around backwards alot, or with her butt in the air, she is in heat.
                I can vouch for everything but the walking backwards part. Also, if she is doing more curling around your leg (physical contact) than usual, (along with these other characteristics), she is in heat.
                "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

Definately sounds like she's in heat..........

I had to go through that with one stray we picked up....She had her 1st heat at 8 months old......Back then they couldn't spay her until she was done..........It was miserable for her and us........I think they can now spay a cat in heat.........Your vet would know...........
                  AKA reddevil
                  AKA davel a devil

[COLOR=red'][/COLOR]

Comment

If she's a pure-bred, the former owner probably thought they could breed her and make some money. My guess is they lied about her being fixed and she's in heat.

Behaviors of a cat in heat.

Comment

My cat is stupid. She always insists on sleeping on our pillows with us. She’s a large cat, and this isn’t at all comfortable. It’s also kind of creepy to have her staring at you while you sleep. It really sucks. No matter how much I throw her off of the bed, she still gets back up. When I lock her out of the room, she just meows loudly until we open the door. I’ve suggested to my wife that I should keep a water gun next to the bed, and when she gets up, I shoot her. In addition to teaching her to leave us alone, it would also be incredibly fun. My wife doesn’t like that idea, nor did she like the idea of keeping a can of compressed air for the same purpose.

Any suggestions?
                      If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

Turd - the water gun didn't work with my cat. Give up - let the cat have the pillow and you can always sleep on the couch.

Comment

Mdm,

That's not acceptable. If the cat wants a pillow, she can get a job and buy her own damn pillow. She needs to accept her station in life as a pet and start doing things like sleeping on the floor and not begging for our food. If she doesn't comply, I at least can be happy in the knowledge that I will outlive her.

T

Comment

Turd...........

If you keep letting her sleep on the pillow........You won't outlive her.........She's stealing your breath you know...........

As far as the water gun trick........It didn't work well with my young cat either.........He just got pissed..........Then again he's a tad on the psychotic side..............
                            AKA reddevil
                            AKA davel a devil

[COLOR=red'][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by davel@Mar 1 2004, 04:59 PM
                              Turd...........

If you keep letting her sleep on the pillow........You won't outlive her.........She's stealing your breath you know...........

As far as the water gun trick........It didn't work well with my young cat either.........He just got pissed..........Then again he's a tad on the psychotic side..............
                              That's why I thought compressed air would be a winner. It's a combo of the two things she hates most - noise and wind.

Comment

Working...
                              X