Anyone been to Universal Studios in LA? If so,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone been to Universal Studios in LA? If so,

Me and the wife are going to LA in a couple weeks for a few days of fun. I've been to Universal Orlando, the wife hasn't. Is the LA version worth our time. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    "They misunderestimated me."
    Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."—Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

"If you're sick and tired of the politics of cynicism and polls and principles, come and join this campaign."
    -Hilton Head, S.C., Feb. 16, 2000

Gives you the warm fuzzies, doesn't it?

spend your time in the quaint So-cal town of compton instead.

It's got something for everyone.
    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
    MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
    The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

I hear Inglewood is nice in the spring.
      If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

My brother in law is a tour minibus driver there. It's OK, I've been many times. Never been to the one in Orlando, though. I'd rather spend time in Disneyland, or Magic Mountain if I was looking for the theme park experience.

Comment

That caught me offguard!

I had a nice, frosty glass of gin and juice when I went on holiday there a few years back.

You'll not find a better climate in which to relax and engage in gun play with your pals. Our best time was rolling down the street and smoking Endo.
          His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
          Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

Originally posted by moedrabowsky@Mar 1 2004, 06:11 PM

That caught me offguard!

I had a nice, frosty glass of gin and juice when I went on holiday there a few years back.

You'll not find a better climate in which to relax and engage in gun play with your pals. Our best time was rolling down the street and smoking Endo.
            Was your mind on your money and your money on your mind?
            RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
            You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

At all times, JWB, at all times.

Especially with that six-fo leaking hydraulic fluid like it does. Repairs on those suckers had me slingin' for a full eight hours.
              His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
              Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

I have to 2nd what Airshark said. Spend it at Disneyland or Magic Mountain. I have been to both Universal's and the Florida one to me was more commercialized and such, but it is basically the same thing. Only thing I remember different was that the Nick studios were in Orlando.
                Sponsor of:
                Brian Elliott
                Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
                5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

I went to both as a kid. I don't remember which was better.

What I do remember was that at the one in Orlando, we were waiting in line for whatever the Nickelodeon ride was, and they pulled my brother out of the line to be a guest host on the show "What Would You Do?" that was hosted by Mark Summers (the guy who hosted "Double Dare"). So if you ever watched that show (I never did, other than that one episode), chances are you saw my brother as the guest host and me and my parents sitting in the audience (I think this was 1992 or '93).

Comment

I went to Universal Studios in Orlando the month after they opened. I remember that every other ride was broken, and the rides that weren't broken sucked. The Alfred Hitchcock thing was cool though.
                    If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar@Mar 1 2004, 08:29 PM
                      I went to both as a kid. I don't remember which was better.

What I do remember was that at the one in Orlando, we were waiting in line for whatever the Nickelodeon ride was, and they pulled my brother out of the line to be a guest host on the show "What Would You Do?" that was hosted by Mark Summers (the guy who hosted "Double Dare"). So if you ever watched that show (I never did, other than that one episode), chances are you saw my brother as the guest host and me and my parents sitting in the audience (I think this was 1992 or '93).
                      Were you the dark haired one?
                      I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

I do have black hair.

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar@Mar 1 2004, 08:37 PM
                          I do have black hair.
                          Just goofin' Dev...
                          I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

I didn't particularly enjoy the "What Would You Do?" experience because I had outgrown Nickelodeon by then (I was 13 or 14) and it took like 2 1/2 hours out of our day.

But my brother enjoyed it and he got his 15 seconds of fame.

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar@Mar 1 2004, 08:37 PM
                              I do have black hair.
                              Yeah...

Dark hair, almond eyes...Indian looking...

You handsome, SOB, Dev. :P

Comment

Working...
                              X