Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's What We Get...

Haiti Accusation

The world always wants the U.S. to fix things, but they sure complain a lot about how we do things. I doubt this accusation is even true, but we get involved and we have to explain ourselves. Where's the U.N.?
    "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Originally posted by phantom@Mar 1 2004, 03:23 PM
    Haiti Accusation

Where's the U.N.?
    Dragging their feet as have done time and time again.
    Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

The mistake wasn't in getting involved. It was for supporting Aristide in the first place. The guy is an imbecile - if he was still in Haiti, he'd be dead now. I'm sure he knows this.

Comment

Slick Willie does know how to pick 'em.
        And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Mar 1 2004, 03:47 PM
          Slick Willie does know how to pick 'em.
          How did Clinton pick this guy?

He was elected president under Bush Sr. term and went into exile the first time in 1991. Bush and the U.S. set the precedent of continuing to recognize his government in exile.

Clinton inherited that policy.

Perhaps you can update us on your reasoning that Aristide was Bill's boy.
          Sponsor of Alex Pieterangelo.

..."I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best

Comment

Comment

look here

Comment

Jeebus H Christo, this isn't about Willie v Bush 41! We shouldn't have ever had anything to do with Aristide or anybody else in Haiti, for that matter. Let's fix the problem, not fix blame. There are two options here, and I think Dems and Republicans might even agree about which we should choose:

1) Get the Marines out, don't recognize anybody, let them kill each other any way they want, stack troops up in the Dominican Republic and let it be known that we'll erase any Haitian government that does anything outside the borders of Haiti.

2) Put the Marines in, forcibly put a stop to their civil war, let the UN waffle around and hope the problem goes away.

Currently both parties are going with option 2. I think it's obvious which policy I think we should follow.

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze@Mar 1 2004, 04:48 PM
                  look here
                  Daze
                  What does that have to do with my question to JD?

He blames Clinton for Aristide and I don't see it.

..."I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best

Comment

This was the answer to your question of how clnton is involved.

The other post was me trying to get a response to my questions.

Comment

As I understand it, Clinton lobbied to have Aristide back in Haiti under the agreement that he'd give up power when his term ran out, which he obviously didn't do.

See, I don't support Clinton on everything.

However, if the agreement was, in fact, that Aristide gave up power when his term ws up (which I think was supposed to be the mid-90's) well he didn't hold up his end. You can't put all the blame for that on Clintons shoulders.
                      First Fan of the Halifax IceBreakers!

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze@Mar 1 2004, 05:40 PM
                        This was the answer to your question of how clnton is involved.

The other post was me trying to get a response to my questions.
                        Still confused about the Clinton-Haiti connection.

Not sure how to answer your questions regarding the Bush-Haiti decisions and the UN. I didn't post on that topic and I personally don't hold the Bush administration responsible for the current civil unrest in that country.

Comment

Working...
                        X