Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congresswoman Brown

Again
    And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Only white republicans are racist.
    Asked what he would do differently in Iraq, Kerry said, "Right now, what I would do differently is, I mean, look, I'm not the president, and I didn't create this mess so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made."

Comment

Originally posted by BurnKU@Mar 1 2004, 03:07 PM
      Only white republicans are racist.
      Mexican and cuban ones also.

according to corrine.
      Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

I have to agree. The mainstream media never picked up this story. It's ridiculous.

I wish they had video of the incident.
        "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Comment

I wonder how my old buddy Moe - the Carmento apologist - would spin this one?
          And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Originally posted by phantom@Mar 1 2004, 03:08 PM
            I have to agree. The mainstream media never picked up this story. It's ridiculous.

No one had a video of the Secretary of Education referring jokingly to the NEA as a terrorist organization, but look at the firestorm that caused.
            "You can't handle my opinions." Moedrabowsky

Jeffro is a hell of a good man.

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

Comment

Blacks who're not democrats are "uncle toms"..
              Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Originally posted by The Kev@Mar 1 2004, 03:11 PM
                very sad
                Asked what he would do differently in Iraq, Kerry said, "Right now, what I would do differently is, I mean, look, I'm not the president, and I didn't create this mess so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made."

Comment

On Washington Week in Review, on PBS, Host Gwen Ifill, a Black woman, called out Brown's remarks. Does that count for anything?
                  2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigfunctions@Mar 1 2004, 03:19 PM
                    On Washington Week in Review, on PBS, Host Gwen Ifill, a Black woman, called out Brown's remarks. Does that count for anything?
                    A little, but it's nothing compared to NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, etc. doing a story about it.

Bias.
                    "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Trigfunctions@Mar 1 2004, 03:19 PM
                      Little
                      Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Originally posted by The Kev@Mar 1 2004, 03:11 PM
                        did you forget to insert a "ha, ha" after your remark, Kev, or are you on another of your right-wing diatribes?
                        "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

What's the scoop on this? I haven't heard anything.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom+Mar 1 2004, 03:21 PM-->
                            QUOTE(phantom @ Mar 1 2004, 03:21 PM)

Originally posted by phantom@Mar 1 2004, 03:08 PM

That's opne of the reasons they didn't pick up the story - no video.

That and the fact that she apologized the next day.

When Trent Lott made his idiotic remarks, there was video and no apology, and the story still didn't hit the mainstream media for over a week until it went around on the internet first.

What I find odd is that Damtoft had no problems with John Rocker's statements but is upset about Browns.
                            2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

Working...
                            X