Birthplace: Santo Domingo,Dominican Republic
    Height: 6'3"
    Weight: 225
    Position: LF
    Bats: Right
    Throws: Right
    College: Maple Woods CC, MO
    MLB Debut: 04/02/01

I put this off for long enough. Pujols is my guy. Where would this team be without this guy? I mean, where would we have been 3 years ago and beyond...? Really.

I remember reading an article about him by Bernie way back when. And then he didn't travel north. And then Bonilla got hurt and he came up. I put him on my fantasy team just as quick as I could and in that Colorado series he didn't really do anything, so I benched him against Randy Johnson. that was the game that Ankiel pitched too. I benched him as well . I have never benched Pujols since then and he has always been on my fantasy team that I play in with the californians.

The guy, over all this time, has made me come to believe that he is the player that I get to talk about in years to come with newer generations of Cardinal fans in my family. I am lucky. I get to remember this stuff. And with Pujols there won't be a lot that to forget.

I went to a game a few years back. Pujols was playing 1b. I was coming back from the bathroom and our seats were 2nd row behind the Cards dugout. Pujols caught a foul ball for the 3rd out, and I instinctively yelled "PUJOLS! YOU ROCK!" Next thing I know that ball is being tossed to me. I still have it. My friend was mad that I got a ball and she didn't, but later during the game DK gave one to her. (the boys behind us were being obnoxious and kept yelling for DK to give them one, so he disappeared, came back and acted like he was going to throw it to them and at the last second tossed it to Tracy ).

Anyway, people can complain about his money and whatnot, but I won't. I don't have it in me to be logical about money when it comes to him. I just know that I want him to be a Cardinal forever. It's the kid in me.

I dont' think I will ever meet him. And I don't care. But if I do, he's one of those kinda players that I have no idea what to say to him. I might turn white as a freaking ghost and faint or something. He is greatness.

I saw him in the All Star Softball game yesterday. I had to leave halfway through, but I did get to see one atbat (not against Finch). He almost deposited it. Gosh, that swing is beauty.

Beauty.
    Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

put this off for long enough. Pujols is my guy. Where would this team be without this guy? I mean, where would we have been 3 years ago and beyond...? Really.

Well, we certainly would not have won all those world series titles....

sorry CG. I like Poo too. really.
    Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

That softball game was cool.
      Finch is a stud, I wonder if some team could make her a closer?
      Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Lazy,

I know we haven't won or gone to a WS, but would we have made it to the playoffs or as far in the playoffs without him?

I think that's a valid question.

Comment

Born: 01/16/80
          Is that accurate?

Comment

HI CG.
            Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa_Card@Mar 1 2004, 01:05 PM
              Born: 01/16/80
              Is that accurate?
              I have not seen anything that contradicts it.

Comment

Hello, Yaks.

edit, I meant to say hello, not hell.

Comment

Originally posted by cardinalgirl@Mar 1 2004, 12:59 PM
                  Lazy,

I know we haven't won or gone to a WS, but would we have made it to the playoffs or as far in the playoffs without him?

I think that's a valid question.
                  Cg, I was just teasing cause it was you.

I doubt we would of even made the playoffs without Pujols the last couple years. Especially at his salary level.

He seems to be a heck of a talent. The next few years should be fun to watch him. It would be nice to think they could lock up renteria also(not trying to hijack) that way, the infield looks mighty good. I hope Pujols gets to play first base this year. But if rayray or someone doesn't step up...

Does poo live in STL now. Didn't he live in KC?
                  Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

I know you were teasing, Lazy. But you know me.

in the Personal paragraph thing on stlcardinals it says he and the family live here.

Remember the house commercial that he and wife did and he didn't talk at all? Only she did. I can't spell her name cos I haven't seen it enough. I think that was after they bought a house here. Or something.

Comment

Originally posted by cardinalgirl+Mar 1 2004, 01:06 PM-->
                      QUOTE(cardinalgirl @ Mar 1 2004, 01:06 PM)

I know, Iowa. As I wrote the post, I thought about who would ask that question first.

Comment

Great hitter. Great, great hitter.

And now that God has loaned him all that money, I hope he stays a great hitter. I really do not want to see this guy turn into Frank Thomas.

Given the owners budget stance, I still have mixed feelings about his contract. They won't trade Edmonds. Rolen being here is a given. I hope like hell they sign Renteria. But that doesn't leave a lot of dough for pitching on an $80 million budget, unless everything works in your favor on young pitchers. And it usually doesn't.

Glad he'e here, but I hope that his deal, along with those of Edmonds and Rolen, are not used as excuses by the owners for not improving the team from an overall perspective.
                        I'm always right.

Comment

I could live with Pujols being like the Frank Thomas of 2003 down the line (42 homers, 105 RBI). I'm more worried about him turning into Ken Griffey Jr.

Comment

Dev:

Some years FT's numbers are fine, but they have never really approached, from an overall perspective, what he did when he first came into the league. He was Pujols before Pujols was Pujols. I'm counting on AP being more Sheffield than Thomas.

Given where Pujols will play, I don't think he's gonna have the injuries that Griffey has had. Frankly, I think what has happened to Junior is a shame. I don't know if he'll ever get close to where he was, but damn was he frightening before his injury problems.
                            I'm always right.

Comment

Working...
                            X