Harvard Announces Plan For Stem-Cell Research

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harvard Announces Plan For Stem-Cell Research

Harvard could rock Kerry Robinson's world.

Seriously, they have a $20b endowment -- could you imagine what they could do if they really wanted to?
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Is this news because their endowment is larger than usual? Isn't Wash U. in StL one of the biggest stem-cell research places in the country?

Comment

In 2001, Bush limited federal funding for stem cell research to lines that were already open.

Harvard, with the world's largest endowment by far, said to hell with that, and will puruse this on its own. I imagine WashU could do the same thing, but it's harder to do without all the $$$ backing you up.

I find it interesting that Hah-vard is basically blowing off the Feds, in an era where most university scientific research is funded by NiH or other Uncle Sam grants.

Maybe only interesting to me, however..
      The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

Good for them.

Why do those wealthy institutions need to suckle on the federal teat anyway?
        And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Working...
        X