No announcement yet.

Carson Palmer Named Starting QB in Cincy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not saying it's the right or wrong decision, but definitely a HUGE slap in the face of Kitna. Comeback Player of the Year and you lose your job? I'm all for healthy competition, but I think you gotta give props where it's due. Let Palmer beat Kitna out for the job fine, but don't just take it away from him. Questionable move Marv.

Comment

Wow. Kitna had a good year. If I'm him I'm pissed.

At least make the kid WIN the job in camp.
      Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

I'm completely against just handing Palmer the job too but I'm sure there are a lot of factors involved here.

For example, maybe Kitna has indicated to the Bengals that he wants to be paid like a top-third of the league QB now and if that's the case, the Bengals won't be able to afford both he and Palmer.

If not, then they should go to camp with an open competition.

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar@Mar 1 2004, 12:19 PM

For example, maybe Kitna has indicated to the Bengals that he wants to be paid like a top-third of the league QB now and if that's the case, the Bengals won't be able to afford both he and Palmer.

Yeah - I had not considered that. That might be it.
          Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Just another case of Jesus flirting with a football player and then tossing him to the curb.
            Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Originally posted by TTB@Mar 1 2004, 12:09 PM
              Wow. Kitna had a good year. If I'm him I'm pissed.

At least make the kid WIN the job in camp.
              Isn;t this ultimately God's plan
              Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze+Mar 1 2004, 02:51 PM-->
                QUOTE(lazydaze @ Mar 1 2004, 02:51 PM)

Kitna is under contract for next season and has offered to renegotiate so he could give the team more salary cap flexibility.

That sentance is towards the botton of the article.

Comment

Sorry, guys, but I'm failing to see the injustice done to Kitna.

They had a decent year, but Kitna has always been erratic, even at his best. Palmer was picked first for a reason -- to be the QB of the future in the Queen City.

After improving by six games last year, the future is now.
                  His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
                  Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

Originally posted by moedrabowsky@Mar 1 2004, 06:18 PM
                    Sorry, guys, but I'm failing to see the injustice done to Kitna.

They had a decent year, but Kitna has always been erratic, even at his best. Palmer was picked first for a reason -- to be the QB of the future in the Queen City.

After improving by six games last year, the future is now.
                    the problem is Kitna was the guy last year when cincy finally righted the ship and their handing the starting job over to a guy who's never taken a single snap in the NFL. Let Palmer win the job in training camp...don't just annoint him the starter in he offseason.

Comment

Let Palmer win the job in training camp...don't just annoint him the starter in he offseason.
                      That's not a bad way to go, and I don't disagree. My post was more a comment on how Kitna has morphed into Sammy Baugh since going 8-8 last season.

And in all seriousness, this has "Mike Brown" written all over it.
                      His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
                      Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

This is premature, IMO. Kitna should have the job until a) he's injured or B) Palmer proves he's better. The Bengals may take a step back next year, which is sad.
                        Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
                        "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

As much as the Bengals improved last season, they still didn't top their best record of this futile streak (they were 8-8 in 1996 also).

I have no problem with Carson Palmer being the quarterback in 2004...if he earns it. What happens if Palmer comes in and plays horribly? Then do you risk killing his confidence by benching him for Kitna? If that happens, do you lose Palmer for years? It's bad to just hand a guy a job when there is another capable quarterback on the roster.

Comment

Working...
                          X