2011 NHL Trade Deadline GDT; Blues deal Boyes to BUF for 2d rounder in '11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 NHL Trade Deadline GDT; Blues deal Boyes to BUF for 2d rounder in '11

About 4 weeks left, but the rumors are starting. A number of underachieving teams looking to make a big splash. Should be a fun ride.

jj twiggs - A great family restaurant

Dear God, KBF here. I'd just like to say thanks, once again, for allowing Dusty Baker and I to live during the same time period. Every time I think he's given me his last gift -- overpitching Prior in the playoffs, getting cocky in Game 6 vs. the Angels, blowing another game for the Cubs -- he does something stupid like pitching to Albert Pujols. Thy will be done, baby!!!!!

Brewer for Ovechkin (e4).

Should I spin up the eck rumor generator again?
    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
    MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
    The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

I was so excited last year - I wasn't working and was able to sit around and wait for the big announcements.

What a disappointing day that was...nothing but a bunch of little moves. *sigh*
      Feb. 08, 2005
      Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
      Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
      Originally posted by Airshark
      NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

This does seem to be much less of an event since the salary cap.

"
        Why are the Russians suddenly a problem?" -Bgats

Comment

Originally posted by Nsane2Bme View Post
          I was so excited last year - I wasn't working and was able to sit around and wait for the big announcements.

What a disappointing day that was...nothing but a bunch of little moves. *sigh*
          The cap has really killed the actual deadline.
          MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Originally posted by BringBackZezel View Post
            The cap has really killed the actual deadline.
            Very true...
            Feb. 08, 2005
            Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
            Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
            Originally posted by Airshark
            NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

I'm still torn on whether or not to turn the page on Eric brewer. I wonder what kind of #s he wants?

Official Lounge sponsor of Chris Pronger & Alex Pietrangelo

Comment

Originally posted by Nsane2Bme View Post
                Very true...
                What the hell?

"

Comment

Originally posted by Prngr44 View Post
                  I'm still torn on whether or not to turn the page on Eric brewer.
                  That must be a very lonely club.

"

Comment

I'm still torn on whether or not to turn the page on Eric brewer. I wonder what kind of #s he wants?
                    He will likely want as least as much as he gets now...that should help you get through that novel.
                    "There is an old saying that goes 'no matter how good you are, there is always someone better.' That someone is me." - Chiun

I require the lubrication to successfully handle some of them. *sigh*- Sunuvanun

Matrem tuam pedicavi

"I kinda dig Johnson" -Triggercut

Comment

I don't think it matters.

Unless you're convinced that his leadership will lead the Blues to a cup, you have to let him go.

The Blues current brass has made it obvious that they won't strip him of the C, even when it's an easy, obvious thing to do.

Comment

Not a big fan of resigning guys who decide to show up when their contract is up.

Comment

Originally posted by blue zone View Post
                          He will likely want as least as much as he gets now...that should help you get through that novel.
                          For sure. I was thinking for 2.5 for 3 years I'd entertain it.

Official Lounge sponsor of Chris Pronger & Alex Pietrangelo

Comment

Good god he is awful. I don't care is he has played better and kept his sorry ass upright this year. We have enough young defensemen waiting to play. Put that money towards someone that can regularly score 30+ goals...

Comment

For sure. I was thinking for 2.5 for 3 years I'd entertain it.
                              Even at 2.5, with the kind of budget the Blues have and the depth on defense I don't think the Blues would hesitate to let Cole be a full timer next year and bring in some offensive depth with the Brewer money.

Comment

Working...
                              X