• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drat
    replied
    Originally posted by El Establishment 1 View Post
    Thanks!

In case I miss it, can you summarize?
    I’ll give you some options straight from the 2021 buyers guide. Give me a hour or so....

Leave a comment:

• El Establishment 1
    replied
    Thanks!

In case I miss it, can you summarize?

Leave a comment:

• The Ghost of Tupelo
    replied
    Grill segment coming up on the Today Show! Tune in Birdo

Leave a comment:

• Glovey
    replied
    Propane? Yuck.

Leave a comment:

• marco
    replied
    Originally posted by Cardz82 View Post

Weber, not Webster

Leave a comment:

• jack jones
    replied
    My grilling space is pretty limited and I'm maxed out in the current configuration because I do it on the side of the house and garage rather than behind.

Napoleon makes great looking grills. I have no experience with them. Almost bought a smoker but ended up with Weber.

I just gave away my Weber Spirit two burner because when I cook with gas now it is in very small quantities. Like 2 7 ounce fish fillets. So I recently bought a Weber Q1200, which is a very small, one burner. There's a YouTube guy in NYC that cooks all kinds of things on his and does well with it but I can't imagine more than fish, burgers or brats, and you aren't getting much of that on it.

Leave a comment:

• raise
    replied
    Originally posted by jack jones View Post
    If I didn't already have too many I'd have a Performer. It's a great grill and gives you tremendous versatility. I think raise has one too.
    I had one, it didn't make the move to Edwardsville when my grilling space shrunk. My only complaint with it was the shallowness of the bottom limited it. But it was built extremely well. Gave it to family.

I have an Egg and a Napoleon propane. I haven't tried direct cooking on a pellet grill. If there is one that can do that as well as smoking, and I was going yo have one grill, that's what I would get.

Still love the Egg, though.

Leave a comment:

• jack jones
    replied
    Originally posted by Tazlaz View Post
    I got a Weber Spirit II last year and love it.
    It's a great gas grill. Cooks evenly and the burners are set up so you can do two zones.

Leave a comment:

• jack jones
    replied
    Originally posted by Prngr44 View Post
    I love my Weber Performer. I feel like it's the best of both worlds. Propane assist charcoal lighter and the table and charcoal holder are very handy.

Get a good cover and it'll last forever.
    If I didn't already have too many I'd have a Performer. It's a great grill and gives you tremendous versatility. I think raise has one too.

Leave a comment:

• slow groove
    replied
    Originally posted by El Establishment 1 View Post
    Ok, deplorables.

My grill has is falling apart after a dozen hard years.

What should I get as a replacement?
    For the low, low price of only $1,040. 14K gold. Mustache and attitude not included.

If that figure is too rich for your blood, you're not a baller.

I'm not.

So, I've always purchased my grilling go-to: large Weber charcoal grill. Love the "natural" flavor it brings out in meats. These Weber's last forever, especially if you get a good cover to battle the elements.

Leave a comment:

• Prngr44
    replied
    I love my Weber Performer. I feel like it's the best of both worlds. Propane assist charcoal lighter and the table and charcoal holder are very handy.

Get a good cover and it'll last forever.

Leave a comment:

• Catfish Hunter
    replied
    Originally posted by jack jones View Post
    If you keep the grates seasoned this way and the grill covered a Weber will last a very long time.
    Bungee cord at the base of the grill cover

I should punch myself in the face for many reasons, but not seasoning my grill grates is up there on my list. Shit is so much better now that I’m doing it most times I grill.

Leave a comment:

• bombay
    replied
    I know a guy who was renting a house on Seal Beach, and he wanted to move the grill from the deck on the side of the house to the beach side. He didn't realize that it was directly connected to a gas line, and wrestled it loose. The fire dept showed up and we had to evacuate.

Leave a comment:

• The Ice
    replied
    Originally posted by Cardz82 View Post
    I'm shocked that I haven't drunkenly done that....yet.
    Oh yeah. I left a 2 times 4 in the freezer last night. Luckily, the can held.

Leave a comment:

• jack jones
    replied
    Originally posted by Catfish Hunter View Post
    I can't say enough about that. A quick rub of the crisco or a spray of olive oil on the grates after cooking does wonders. I was an idiot for years and just used the brush/scraper when I was done.
    If you keep the grates seasoned this way and the grill covered a Weber will last a very long time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X