No announcement yet.

Grill advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Weber produced a couple delicious pork tenderloins for me tonight. Almost every PT recipe I read says to use an oven, I say no way, the Weber rules. I dab of olive oil, rolled in brown sugar, sprinkled with pepper and lemon pepper. Turned out hot and juicy with a hint of carmelization and spice. Love that shit.
    25MM jobs in 10 years / 4% GDP Growth / Insurance for everybody / Schools flush with cash don't produce results
    Jan 2017: 4.7% U-3, 9.2% U-6, 62.7% LFPR, 5.2% Real Wages, 2.6% GDP, 19,827 DJIA, 2,271 S&P500, $2.316/gal

Comment

Originally posted by Redbird83 View Post
      Very nice choice. I used to work at Lowe's part time up until a couple years ago and that is a nice grill.

I will say, however, that the Charbroil Commerical Series 4 burner grill is awesome. It was the most popular selling grill when I worked there. Even picked one up myself and it hasn't let me down yet. Good price and the great thing about it, the burners have a lifetime warranty.

http://www.lowes.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&cId=SEARCH&productId=3276379&cm_mmc=SCE_gpsgpsgpsChar-Broil%204-Burner%20Commercial%20Series%20Gas%20Grill%2046324 4011

Funny you mentioned those. They really caught my eye when I first started looking at grills. Then, I did some online research, and the reviews were all over the board... It kind of scared me off. That's why I ended up going with what I perceived as a sure bet in the Weber.
      Official Sponsor of all things Mizzou Football, the non-existant Jose Oquendo STOP sign, and the Rally Hoosier!

Comment

Originally posted by marco View Post
        The Weber produced a couple delicious pork tenderloins for me tonight. Almost every PT recipe I read says to use an oven, I say no way, the Weber rules. I dab of olive oil, rolled in brown sugar, sprinkled with pepper and lemon pepper. Turned out hot and juicy with a hint of carmelization and spice. Love that shit.
        I'm counting down the days to its arrival. It comes assembled on Thursday. Gas company comes Friday to hook that biatch up.
        Official Sponsor of all things Mizzou Football, the non-existant Jose Oquendo STOP sign, and the Rally Hoosier!

Comment

Speaking of Char-Broil and gas grills, I will be diving head long into the gas grill market. Char-Broil is sending me this grill to be a guest blogger on a new website they are doing.

We're already Grilling All Stars on Sizzle on the Grill (a site sponsored by Char-Broil and scroll down to see my bald mug!?!), but they have amped it up with a new site that is run by Char-Broil. They are having 30 bloggers contribute to the site and we're one of them. For that I get that grill and have to do six posts in a year. Guess what I'm gonna do? I'm doing six low and slow recipes that I normally do on a charcoal grill on that grill. It will probably be 6-8 weeks before I get anything up and the website is still in production right now and I'm not allowed to share the confidential test link, but there should be a ton of info on there from me on how to make great stuff on gas grills.
          Check out my Grilling Blog - GrillinFools.com. No matter what time of the year it is I am a Grillin Fool.

Comment

Speaking of Char-Broil and gas grills, I will be diving head long into the gas grill market. Char-Broil is sending me this grill to be a guest blogger on a new website they are doing.

We're already Grilling All Stars on Sizzle on the Grill (a site sponsored by Char-Broil and scroll down to see my bald mug!?!), but they have amped it up with a new site that is run by Char-Broil. They are having 30 bloggers contribute to the site and we're one of them. For that I get that grill and have to do six posts in a year. Guess what I'm gonna do? I'm doing six low and slow recipes that I normally do on a charcoal grill on that grill. It will probably be 6-8 weeks before I get anything up and the website is still in production right now and I'm not allowed to share the confidential test link, but there should be a ton of info on there from me on how to make great stuff on gas grills.
            Check out my Grilling Blog - GrillinFools.com. No matter what time of the year it is I am a Grillin Fool.

Comment

Originally posted by GrillinFool View Post

That's the exact grill I was looking at, Fool. But you'll notice on the link the reviews are just meh. I'll be very interested to hear your recipes/creations... and will give a few a try. In a few weeks, I'm going to attempt to smoke either a brisket or ribs on this new gas grill. I'm interested to see how well that will go.

Comment

Originally posted by house77 View Post
                That's the exact grill I was looking at, Fool. But you'll notice on the link the reviews are just meh. I'll be very interested to hear your recipes/creations... and will give a few a try. In a few weeks, I'm going to attempt to smoke either a brisket or ribs on this new gas grill. I'm interested to see how well that will go.
                I don't really have a choice in the matter. It was either that or a couple other grill combinations of cheaper grills with one of the grills in the combos being one I've already got.

As for the recipes, I will be doing brisket, pulled pork, ribs, reverse seared pork tenderloins and beer can chicken for my first five posts. I haven't had brisket in months. I'm itching to try some. I can't wait to get this thing delivered, assembled and then it's brisket on a gas grill. I may even try to perfect a new brisket recipe, Double Smoked Brisket.

Comment

I don't really have a choice in the matter. It was either that or a couple other grill combinations of cheaper grills with one of the grills in the combos being one I've already got.

As for the recipes, I will be doing brisket, pulled pork, ribs, reverse seared pork tenderloins and beer can chicken for my first five posts. I haven't had brisket in months. I'm itching to try some. I can't wait to get this thing delivered, assembled and then it's brisket on a gas grill. I may even try to perfect a new brisket recipe, Double Smoked Brisket.
                  Oh, don't get me wrong... I'd take a free grill all day. I'm not bagging on you, in the least. It's just if I'm spending that much money, I wanted something that I felt the most confident would perform. That being said, I'm really looking forward to reading your write-ups. I was on your site for much of last night trying to think of what to cook for Mother's Day--we have about 20 people coming over. I think I'm going to go with some beef tenderloins, chicken breasts (for the picky kids), and maybe some polish sausage.

One more thing: I saw and responded to your post on facebook about an all-day grilling class/demonstration some time in late summer. I'm definitely 100% interested; it's just my schedule fills up pretty fast. So, as soon as you hear something, let me know. I'd love to partake.

Comment

Oh, don't get me wrong... I'd take a free grill all day. I'm not bagging on you, in the least. It's just if I'm spending that much money, I wanted something that I felt the most confident would perform. That being said, I'm really looking forward to reading your write-ups. I was on your site for much of last night trying to think of what to cook for Mother's Day--we have about 20 people coming over. I think I'm going to go with some beef tenderloins, chicken breasts (for the picky kids), and maybe some polish sausage.

One more thing: I saw and responded to your post on facebook about an all-day grilling class/demonstration some time in late summer. I'm definitely 100% interested; it's just my schedule fills up pretty fast. So, as soon as you hear something, let me know. I'd love to partake.
                    Looking at late September. And I plan on using the gas grill to do something at the event.

I'm meeting with a couple of sponsors today at lunch. We have a bunch of stuff to figure out. Location and date are first and foremost. After that we have to figure out how we'll divide up the sponsorship stuff. It was smooth sailing up until this week and now we've got issues. I hope it doesn't get sunk because of people not being reasonable...

Comment

Looking at late September. And I plan on using the gas grill to do something at the event.

I'm meeting with a couple of sponsors today at lunch. We have a bunch of stuff to figure out. Location and date are first and foremost. After that we have to figure out how we'll divide up the sponsorship stuff. It was smooth sailing up until this week and now we've got issues. I hope it doesn't get sunk because of people not being reasonable...
                      GOD DAMNIT. I'll be in Orlando for work from Sept 19-27. Hopefully, it won't land during that time. If it does, I'll catch ya next time.

But if you do anything again, like the Hot Shots thing or another class, keep us in the loop.

Comment

GOD DAMNIT. I'll be in Orlando for work from Sept 19-27. Hopefully, it won't land during that time. If it does, I'll catch ya next time.

But if you do anything again, like the Hot Shots thing or another class, keep us in the loop.
                        It will actually be during that time if all goes the way I see it. Sorry. BUT, we might be doing one earlier as sort of a dry run. Maybe a 4 hour deal. It might be in June.

I just had a bunch of stuff thrown at me during lunch that could make a huge impact on this event, the BBQ contest in october and future stuff done by us. Things are moving very quickly, and I'm not sure I can keep up... In a good way...

Comment

It will actually be during that time if all goes the way I see it. Sorry. BUT, we might be doing one earlier as sort of a dry run. Maybe a 4 hour deal. It might be in June.

I just had a bunch of stuff thrown at me during lunch that could make a huge impact on this event, the BBQ contest in october and future stuff done by us. Things are moving very quickly, and I'm not sure I can keep up... In a good way...
                          A June event would be awesome. I think I'm fairly wide open. And that's great to hear that the site is progressing. I really admire what you're doing with passion. You guys do a great job. The site certainly helped me, when starting out as a beginner over a year and a half ago.

Comment

A June event would be awesome. I think I'm fairly wide open. And that's great to hear that the site is progressing. I really admire what you're doing with passion. You guys do a great job. The site certainly helped me, when starting out as a beginner over a year and a half ago.
                            What's a little messed up is that because of all this that's been thrown at me for stuff outside the website all I have time to do is throw a little blurb up on FB on the weekends. I've had no new content for a while. I really need to make a point to get some grilling done and document it, but this weekend is Mother's day and I've got a crowd coming over. Can't really document brats and burgers.

That being said, two words for Memorial Weekend - Whole Hog.

Comment

You should talk to this guy, he is doing something very similar.
                              Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze View Post
                                You should talk to this guy, he is doing something very similar.

Comment

Working...
                                X