Grill advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrillinFool View Post
    I don't have much to offer on the gas grill front. I have an infrared gas grill, but it's not the same as what you are looking for.

Or, you could go with charcoal and a looftlighter. I can get a bed of coals going faster than that natural gas grill will take to heat up...
    Damn. Well, I'm kinda getting used to the nice and easy clean up of gas. Oh well. I think I'll just have to go to Lowes or Home Depot and walk around.
    Official Sponsor of all things Mizzou Football, the non-existant Jose Oquendo STOP sign, and the Rally Hoosier!

Comment

Can I strongly recommend you consider a plain old Weber Kettle for that kind of money? I know, I know... gas is faster and more convenient. But a regular grill with some hardwood lump charcoal and a chimney to light it is still pretty easy, and it tastes awesome.

"At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed."
      – Frederick Douglass, doing an amazing job since 1852

Comment

That's the exact setup I have
        Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

So, I think I'm going to get the Weber Genesis. Charcoal is awesome, but I'm just fucking lazy. And I marinate everything, so I think all of the meat I cook has good flavor. I"m just sick as shit w/my current grill... I can't sear for shit.

Only problem w/the Genesis is it's a three burner... Ideally, I'd like a four. Maybe, w/the next house. BUt I don't feel like dropping $1K or more on a gas grill, if I"m not going to be using it for 10 years or soo.
          Official Sponsor of all things Mizzou Football, the non-existant Jose Oquendo STOP sign, and the Rally Hoosier!

Comment

"You can't handle my opinions." Moedrabowsky

Jeffro is a hell of a good man.

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

Comment

Originally posted by house77 View Post
              So, I think I'm going to get the Weber Genesis. Charcoal is awesome, but I'm just fucking lazy. And I marinate everything, so I think all of the meat I cook has good flavor. I"m just sick as shit w/my current grill... I can't sear for shit.

Only problem w/the Genesis is it's a three burner... Ideally, I'd like a four. Maybe, w/the next house. BUt I don't feel like dropping $1K or more on a gas grill, if I"m not going to be using it for 10 years or soo.
              http://www.homedepot.com/Outdoors-Gr...atalogId=10053
              Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
              God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Originally posted by FAR52 View Post
                I'll get a green egg one of these days--I looked at one this weekend. At this point, I'm lazy. And I"m used to using a grill that's tapped into my gas line. Nice. Easy. Clean.

Comment

Saw this yesterday why I was picking up some lumber for my basement. I have not heard of this brand, so I am worried about the longevity of the grill. The reviews for the Weber state that they last for ever.

** Official Lounge sponsor of Fulham and Detroit Lions**

Comment

Bought the Weber Genesis 310 on Thursday. It gets delivered on Thursday. CAN"T WAIT!

Comment

why did you go with the the 310 vs the 320. I have my heart set on the 320 and am waiting until may memorial day to see what kid of sale I can get. Also I hope I can find a 2010 model which is $100 cheaper.

Comment

I ended up getting the 320. Went over very well. All accounts are positive so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenmachine View Post
                          why did you go with the the 310 vs the 320. I have my heart set on the 320 and am waiting until may memorial day to see what kid of sale I can get. Also I hope I can find a 2010 model which is $100 cheaper.
                          That's the one with the side burner, right? I don't know... I think I just thought it was overkill and one more thing I'd have to clean... This grill has far more surface area than I'll ever really need.

Originally posted by backstop View Post
                          I ended up getting the 320. Went over very well. All accounts are positive so far.
                          Good to hear. I'm super jacked about it. You can just tell the difference in construction between Webers and most other grills just by the touch... much sturdier. Looking forward to going crazy with it.

Comment

if you cook with gas, imo this is the best grill to buy.

http://www.hollandgrill.com/

i have had my holland grill for almost 10 years now and still in fantastic shape. havent had to replace anything on it. the previous 20 years of my grilling life i seemed to be buying a new grill every 3 years or so. i am convinced this is my last grill of my life.
                            Roy Mueller

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

- Walt Disney

Comment

what kind of price range are we talking?

Comment

Bought the Weber Genesis 310 on Thursday. It gets delivered on Thursday. CAN"T WAIT!
                                Very nice choice. I used to work at Lowe's part time up until a couple years ago and that is a nice grill.

I will say, however, that the Charbroil Commerical Series 4 burner grill is awesome. It was the most popular selling grill when I worked there. Even picked one up myself and it hasn't let me down yet. Good price and the great thing about it, the burners have a lifetime warranty.

http://www.lowes.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&cId=SEARCH&productId=3276379&cm_mmc=SCE_gpsgpsgpsChar-Broil%204-Burner%20Commercial%20Series%20Gas%20Grill%2046324 4011
                                I got nothin....
                                I made a website, STLsportspulse.com. Yippeee!

Comment

Working...
                                X