No announcement yet.

Grill advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love my Weber Performer. I feel like it's the best of both worlds. Propane assist charcoal lighter and the table and charcoal holder are very handy.

Get a good cover and it'll last forever.

Official Lounge sponsor of Chris Pronger & Alex Pietrangelo

Comment

• Originally posted by El Establishment 1 View Post
      Ok, deplorables.

My grill has is falling apart after a dozen hard years.

What should I get as a replacement?
      For the low, low price of only $1,040. 14K gold. Mustache and attitude not included.

If that figure is too rich for your blood, you're not a baller.

I'm not.

So, I've always purchased my grilling go-to: large Weber charcoal grill. Love the "natural" flavor it brings out in meats. These Weber's last forever, especially if you get a good cover to battle the elements.
      "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by Prngr44 View Post
        I love my Weber Performer. I feel like it's the best of both worlds. Propane assist charcoal lighter and the table and charcoal holder are very handy.

Get a good cover and it'll last forever.
        If I didn't already have too many I'd have a Performer. It's a great grill and gives you tremendous versatility. I think raise has one too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tazlaz View Post
          I got a Weber Spirit II last year and love it.
          It's a great gas grill. Cooks evenly and the burners are set up so you can do two zones.

Comment

• Originally posted by jack jones View Post
            If I didn't already have too many I'd have a Performer. It's a great grill and gives you tremendous versatility. I think raise has one too.
            I had one, it didn't make the move to Edwardsville when my grilling space shrunk. My only complaint with it was the shallowness of the bottom limited it. But it was built extremely well. Gave it to family.

I have an Egg and a Napoleon propane. I haven't tried direct cooking on a pellet grill. If there is one that can do that as well as smoking, and I was going yo have one grill, that's what I would get.

Still love the Egg, though.
            Nature always sides with the hidden flaw.

We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the hateful words and actions of the bad people but for the appalling silence of the good people.

Comment

• My grilling space is pretty limited and I'm maxed out in the current configuration because I do it on the side of the house and garage rather than behind.

Napoleon makes great looking grills. I have no experience with them. Almost bought a smoker but ended up with Weber.

I just gave away my Weber Spirit two burner because when I cook with gas now it is in very small quantities. Like 2 7 ounce fish fillets. So I recently bought a Weber Q1200, which is a very small, one burner. There's a YouTube guy in NYC that cooks all kinds of things on his and does well with it but I can't imagine more than fish, burgers or brats, and you aren't getting much of that on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cardz82 View Post

Weber, not Webster
                25MM jobs in 10 years / 4% GDP Growth / Insurance for everybody / Schools flush with cash don't produce results
                Jan 2017: 4.7% U-3, 9.2% U-6, 62.7% LFPR, 5.2% Real Wages, 2.6% GDP, 19,827 DJIA, 2,271 S&P500, $2.316/gal

Comment

• Propane? Yuck.

Comment

• Grill segment coming up on the Today Show! Tune in Birdo

Comment

• Thanks!

In case I miss it, can you summarize?
                      Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
                      -Barry Goldwater

Comment

• Originally posted by El Establishment 1 View Post
                        Thanks!

In case I miss it, can you summarize?
                        I’ll give you some options straight from the 2021 buyers guide. Give me a hour or so....

Comment

Working...
                        X