Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grill advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Grill advice

    Want to get a nice outdoor grill as a gift. I know you guys are into this.

    Doesn't need to be the Xtreme Griller 3000Q. Won't be used to prepare state dinners. More like flipping burgers and dogs, and the occasional steak. But I would like it to be nice. Probably looking to spend a couple hundred.

    Help me. In return, I promise to help you if I ever learn a lot about something.

  • #2
    I'm going for this reaction, really:

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by backstop View Post
      Want to get a nice outdoor grill as a gift. I know you guys are into this.

      Doesn't need to be the Xtreme Griller 3000Q. Won't be used to prepare state dinners. More like flipping burgers and dogs, and the occasional steak. But I would like it to be nice. Probably looking to spend a couple hundred.

      Help me. In return, I promise to help you if I ever learn a lot about something.
      I like the Xtreme Griller 2500P.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
        I like the Xtreme Griller 2500P.
        You would.

        Comment


        • #5
          Just received this one as a gift. Perfect size when I don't want to break out the Charcoal... Cooks very evenly.

          http://www.lowes.com/pd_298001-82210-463246909_4294857754_4294937087_?productId=3031366&Ns=p_product_prd_lis_ord_nbr|0||p_product_quantity _sold|1&pl=1&currentURL=%2Fpl_Gas%2BGrills_4294857754_429493708 7_%3FNs%3Dp_product_prd_lis_ord_nbr|0||p_product_q uantity_sold|1
          Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

          Comment


          • #6
            Guess I always assumed backstop was white.
            Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.


            "When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
            -Barry Goldwater

            Comment


            • #7
              Don't let the smooth taste fool you. I'm from the streets.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by lazydaze View Post
                Just received this one as a gift. Perfect size when I don't want to break out the Charcoal... Cooks very evenly.
                Not to mention the infrared results with no flare-up.

                (thanks)

                Comment


                • #9
                  The only gas grill I've ever owned is a Weber Genesis Silver 3 burner and it's been great. I've had it going on 10 years now and it's still solid with no issues. I think they have versions of it for a couple hundred bucks.
                  Of course you do.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Don't get a Kenmore.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ShortHop View Post
                      The only gas grill I've ever owned is a Weber Genesis Silver 3 burner and it's been great. I've had it going on 10 years now and it's still solid with no issues. I think they have versions of it for a couple hundred bucks.
                      Pretty certain that is what I have. Wedding gift. Gets the job done, though missing grilling with charcoal.
                      Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.


                      "When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
                      -Barry Goldwater

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Weber or nothing.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I have a 15 dollar grill from Schnuck's.

                          I don't recommend going this route.

                          "
                          Why are the Russians suddenly a problem?" -Bgats

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            By the way, when we got our Weber almost 10 years ago, we got it "free" with credit card points or hotel points or something because my wife traveled for work.

                            If you've racked up enough points on a credit card (especially if it's a corp card) look into their on-line catalog. Wouldn't be surprised if they have a grill on there.
                            Of course you do.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              It seems like we should have someone on this board who would be perfect for a question such as this...
                              Official Lounge Sponsor of Our Lord and Savior, Paul Stastny!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X