Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010-11 NHL Thread; PLAYOFFS!; It's da Bruins!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010-11 NHL Thread; PLAYOFFS!; It's da Bruins!

Since we did not have one for this week we may as well have one for the year.

Spam away!

Lets start with this topic that I saw on tsn.ca
    http://tsn.ca/community/story/?id=338962

With promising young stars like Taylor Hall and Jordan Eberle, fans of the Edmonton Oilers have a lot to cheer about. So much in fact, they'll have some added voices at

Rexall Centre later this year.

"Gimme an E....gad!"

Last week, Oilers president Patrick LaForge announced that the five-time Stanley Cup champions will be the first Canadian National Hockey League team to have cheerleaders, a move he said will "enhance the in-game experience."

Cheerleaders already exist in 23 NHL arenas and LaForge added it's something fans - who have endured a team that hasn't made the playoff since their Stanley Cup in 2006 - have been asking for.

Really?

So here's Dave's question to you: "What is your opinion of cheerleaders in Canadian NHL arenas?"
    Sponsor of:
    Brian Elliott
    Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
    5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

The Oilers did not win the Cup in 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
      The Oilers did not win the Cup in 2006.
      Email your response to [email protected]
      Sponsor of:
      Brian Elliott
      Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
      5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

Every team should have cheerleaders, especially Canadian teams. It's not like they're paying attention to what's happening on the ice, right?

Comment

Turco gives up 4 goals on 12 shots after one period so far. Looks like I was wise to bench him on my fantasy team today.
          Last edited by Blues Fan in TX; 10-29-2010, 09:32 PM.
          OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
          OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
          OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
          OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

Tim Thomas has given up three goals in six games...6-0-0, 0.50 gaa, .984 S%

Comment

Originally posted by 210 View Post
              Tim Thomas has given up three goals in six games...6-0-0, 0.50 gaa, .984 S%
              That's a good story for Boston. Everybody was assuming the $5 million man was going to ride the bench and Rask would be the guy. Then the discussion was how to unload Thomas. The Bruins have some leverage now.
              LONG LIVE THE NOTE!

Comment

Originally posted by DC Santana View Post
                That's a good story for Boston. Everybody was assuming the $5 million man was going to ride the bench and Rask would be the guy. Then the discussion was how to unload Thomas. The Bruins have some leverage now.
                Someone is going to get a Halak-like deal. Except Halak is 25. And has his whole career ahead of him. I still can't believe the Blues mad this trade. It's like I'm still waking up sometimes.

Comment

Does anyone have any ideas how I can watch games after the fact, i.e. via torrent downloads or another avenue?

Comment

Originally posted by MMouse View Post
                    Does anyone have any ideas how I can watch games after the fact, i.e. via torrent downloads or another avenue?
                    http://www.nhltorrents.co.uk/

Comment

Thanks. I've seen that. I'm trying to get an invite into the site. But have not heard anything yet. Looks like ESPN is my only option.

Comment

Thanks. I've seen that. I'm trying to get an invite into the site. But have not heard anything yet. Looks like ESPN is my only option.
                        I can access the site - do you know if any member can send an invite? I'll send you one if I can. Didn't know there was even a requirement.

Comment

I'm not sure who can send invites, or what the requirements are. I get the following message when I try to set up a new account:

Error:
                          Maximum number of users reached. We are becoming an invite only tracker due to some people creating over 50 accounts. We will have open sign ups regularly and will be announced on our twitter page

Comment

I'm not sure who can send invites, or what the requirements are. I get the following message when I try to set up a new account:

Error:
                            Maximum number of users reached. We are becoming an invite only tracker due to some people creating over 50 accounts. We will have open sign ups regularly and will be announced on our twitter page
                            Yeah, I can get a list of invites I've sent (none), but see no way to send any. It doesn't appear in the FAQ.

8') Vince

Comment

I found the twitter page, and did their survey thingy last night. I guess I just wait. Harumph!

Comment

Working...
                              X