Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I have a dream"

Make America Great For Once.

I have a dream....that I am not really at work today.
    Sponsor of:
    Brian Elliott
    Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
    5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

for this being an observed holiday, I don't know of too many people that are off today.

Comment

Originally posted by i.am.js View Post
        for this being an observed holiday, I don't know of too many people that are off today.
        Just the people that work for the government.

Every company generally has the same holidays off except for the one between Christmas and Memorial Day. Some have MLK Day, others President's Day and even a few with Good Friday.

Years ago most had off Good Friday but you don't see that as much these days. My company does President's Day but in the 7 years I've been here I've never been able to have it off. I'd say the fewest have MLK. Not cause they don't like black people but just that it is so close to Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheriff Blaylock View Post

Every company generally has the same holidays off except for the one between Christmas and Memorial Day. Some have MLK Day, others President's Day and even a few with Good Friday.

Years ago most had off Good Friday but you don't see that as much these days. My company does President's Day but in the 7 years I've been here I've never been able to have it off. I'd say the fewest have MLK. Not cause they don't like black people but just that it is so close to Christmas.
          and banks, post offices, and schools
          Sponsor of:
          Brian Elliott

Comment

I have today and Good Friday off.

Comment

this place has someone here 24 hours a day. most people here only get major holidays off.
              Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Originally posted by Guppy View Post

Aren't those all owned by the government? Including the banks being as I keep hear about Obama socializing things.

Traffic was light coming in so that was nice.

What I don't like are the day NBA games being played today cause I can't watch. It's like the Rockets are playing the Cubs.

Comment

Aren't those all owned by the government? Including the banks being as I keep hear about Obama socializing things.

What I don't like are the day NBA games being played today cause I can't watch. It's like the Rockets are playing the Cubs.

Banks--No. Even my little po-dunk credit union is closed.

Post offices--last time I saw, they were not a .gov, they are a .com and are always closed on any major holiday no matter if it is a federal one or not

Schools--private and public are not in session

There are afternoon NHL games too if that makes you feel better.
                  Sponsor of:
                  Brian Elliott

Comment

Yes, but no.

When I worked for the PLCB, which was a state job, I know we were off one year and we had a few holidays taken away from us a year or so later.

Martin Luther King Day was one of them.

Comment

It's a holiday for us.

And here I am with about half the office still working anyway.

Fuck this place.
                      Official Lounge Sponsor
                      Jim Beam, Fun Dip, and Guns 'N Roses

2014 TP College Football Pick'em Champion

Comment

Not a holiday for us but I'm off anyway since I was on the road all weekend, so I took a personal day.

Related to the day, I'm watching King on History. Despite reports of his philandering, the man truly was an American hero and a great man. Too bad Rev. Jesse didn't follow his frind's lead more closely.
                        The OFFICIAL Lounge Sponsor of:

Comment

The people who hate Jesse Jackson today would have hated King.
                          Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

I have a dream....that I am not really at work today.
                            I've been daydreaming that all day.

"
                            Why are the Russians suddenly a problem?" -Bgats

Comment

Banks--No. Even my little po-dunk credit union is closed.

Post offices--last time I saw, they were not a .gov, they are a .com and are always closed on any major holiday no matter if it is a federal one or not

Schools--private and public are not in session

There are afternoon NHL games too if that makes you feel better.
                              Post offices aren't part of the government? That's a new one.

"
                              Why are the Russians suddenly a problem?" -Bgats

Comment

Working...
                              X