Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downtown Hotel Question

Strange Request –

As an anniversary gift, my in-laws gave my wife and I tickets to the Blues game on the 13th (which I think means they hate me) and a night at the Westin (ok, maybe they like me). For some reason they’ve decided the Westin is too much jack and wanted us to price other hotels downtown (some gift).

Here are a few that I thought were interesting that came at decent rates, does anyone know which of these are nicer than the others? I’m trying to find something that isn’t the Ritz, but also isn’t the local Hojo.

Omni on Pine
    Millennium Hotel on 4th St.
    Drury at Union Station
    Sheraton across from Savvis
    Adam’s Mark

All of these offer some sort of special “romantic weekend” offer, so that is what is driving them down into the realm of “affordable”. Since I’ve never had reason to stay at a hotel in St. Louis, I really don’t know which of these properties is nicer.

Thanks in advance for the help.
    If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson@Feb 28 2004, 03:44 PM
    Strange Request –

As an anniversary gift, my in-laws gave my wife and I tickets to the Blues game on the 13th (which I think means they hate me) and a night at the Westin (ok, maybe they like me). For some reason they’ve decided the Westin is too much jack and wanted us to price other hotels downtown (some gift).

Here are a few that I thought were interesting that came at decent rates, does anyone know which of these are nicer than the others? I’m trying to find something that isn’t the Ritz, but isn’t the local Hojo.

Omni on Pine
    Millennium Hotel on 4th St.
    Drury at Union Station
    Sheraton across from Savvis
    Adam’s Mark

All of these offer some sort of special “romantic weekend” offer, so that is what is driving them down into the realm of “affordable”. Since I’ve never had reason to stay at a hotel in St. Louis, I really don’t know which of these properties is nicer.

Thanks in advance for the help.
    We stayed at the one at Union Station a few years ago for a weekend and had a really decadent room with a massive tub (easily fits two) and enjoyed it immensely. The Adams Mark is where there are a lot of conventions and frankly, I don't care for it there. Maybe they have several honeymoon suites there though.

Comment

turd, just a question..
      how do you give a gift and THEN decide it is too much jack?!

in all seriousness, i forgot where I stayed the last time -- it was either drury or the adam's mark -- but it had a hot tub in the room and well, it was enjoyable.
      The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

Renaissance Hotel....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
        Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
        -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

really can't go wrong with any of those but I will add in that the Adam's Mark and Mellennium are not really close to the Savvis (not that is should matter). Another place to check is the Hyatt at Union Station as wll. There is also the Embassy Suites by the Landing to check out too.
          Sponsor of:
          Brian Elliott
          Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
          5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

Turd,
            For my money I like the Drury Inn. the main reason is Carmines steak house. We went there for Valentines day and the place is a little pricey but GREAT food. If you go, try their toasted ravioli's. They are the best anywhere. They are NOT the usual deep fried squares that come out hard as a rock. They are very tender and plump and the best in town or anywhere for that matter. They are an appetizer.
            RIP Stan the Man
            The StL Blues will NEVER win the Stanley Cup. I repeat, NEVER!
            I miss TLR!

Comment

Originally posted by lasvegasreb@Feb 28 2004, 03:48 PM
              turd, just a question..
              how do you give a gift and THEN decide it is too much jack?!

in all seriousness, i forgot where I stayed the last time -- it was either drury or the adam's mark -- but it had a hot tub in the room and well, it was enjoyable.
              I think it's just the way they are. These are the same people who flipped out when I told them I pay the extra 10 a month for HBO.

Comment

I will add in that the Adam's Mark and Mellennium are not really close to the Savvis
                If the Blues keep playing the way they have for the past month, then I really don't count on them being the highlight of my night.

Comment

Also, I think what I'm really asking is this - is there anything about any of these hotels that sets them apart from the others?

Comment

This might be a bit out of the price range, but the Chase Park Plaza has nice weekend packages and really kick ass suites. It's kind of pricey, though....

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

I'm gonna bump this just in case anyone else can offer any advice.

Thanks.

Comment

Turd..

Adam's Mark...hands down..the best value for money in Dowtown St. Louis. I stayed there on my last trip and have stayed there quite a few times. The rates are good and the rooms, as DaLode mentioned, are nice..especially the bathrooms..which owuld be nice <_<

Enjoy...

Comment

I had a "birthday night" stay at the Union Station Hyatt recently (had our wedding reception there). I don't recall the cost as being particularly prohibitive, but as it was an entire night away the kids (sleep-over babysitter), I really couldn't have cared less what it cost....

Comment

Originally posted by ReggieCleveland@Feb 29 2004, 09:11 PM
                            I had a "birthday night" stay at the Union Station Hyatt recently (had our wedding reception there). I don't recall the cost as being particularly prohibitive, but as it was an entire night away the kids (sleep-over babysitter), I really couldn't have cared less what it cost....
                            I'm considering the Hyatt, as they are around $140 for the night.

I shouldn't be too picky, since a night without the rugrat is rare, but part of me wants the hotel to be something special. Especially since the Blues game probably won't be (I'm considering skipping altogether).

Comment

I'm telling you: the Renaissance is sweeeeet....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                              Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                              -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Working...
                              X