No announcement yet.

Colts Paying for Manning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're going to miss Meadows, unless they can get him to come back. He was a big part of a very good offensive line.

They won't miss the others. Walt Harris is horrible. Chad Bratzke was planning on retiring anyway. Brock Huard never played anyway. I don't see how they're going to be able to build a defense capable of winning a Super Bowl though. They royally screwed this up by not extending Manning years ago the way all teams do with their star quarterbacks.

Comment

Any chance of Meadows coming to St. Louis?
      And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Not if they're keeping Pace.

Comment

Well, they franchised him, but that does not preclude a trade.

I'm game.
          And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

Comment

Doesn't the cap work well?

There needs to be exceptions.
            Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks@Feb 28 2004, 09:39 PM
              Doesn't the cap work well?

There needs to be exceptions.
              IT WORKS GREAT.

No exceptions are needed. It's fair and all teams work under the same conditions. I love it.

Comment

I can understand Pace and the team not coming to agreement last year.

This year?

Screw him.

Comment

If there is going to be a cap exception, it should only be for long-time veterans who have been with one team their whole career. And even then it should be somewhat restricted.

For example, if a player has been on the same team for 13 consecutive seasons, only two-thirds of his salary counts against the cap. Something like that. But it shouldn't apply for just anyone. And certainly not for a player with only six years in the league.

Comment

I'd take a flyer on Walt Harris if he is cheap enough...
                    Official Lounge Co-Sponsor of Matty Mo.

"Authority is supposedly grounded in wisdom. But I could see from a very early age that authority was only a system of control, and it didn't have any inherent wisdom.." --- Joe Strummer

\'user \'user

Comment

Working...
                    X