Originally posted by Reggie Cleveland View Post
    This is W's fault, right?
    no it is pelosi and frank and dodd fault
    How? They're Democrats.
    ask billiken roy. he'll tell you.

Comment

This is W's fault, right?

Probably LaRussa. But don't be jumping to any conclusions---this shit is complicated.

David Post, October 14, 2008 at 2:46pm] Trackbacks
      The Economy under the GOP vs Dems:
      On today's NY Times op-ed page, Tommy McCall has a very interesting graphic on the performance of the stock market under Democratic and Republican presidents. Each of the two parties has been in control of the White House for 40 of the last 80 years; on average, during Democratic administrations, the S&P index has increased 8.9% annually. During Republican administrations, the corresponding figure is 4.7% — and that's if you exclude the Hoover years (during which time the market declined an astonishing 77%). If you include Hoover, the Republican "annualized return on investment" is an even more dismal 0.4%. Put another way,
      if you put $10,000 in the market and left it in only during Democratic administrations, you'd have $300,000, compared to around $12,000 (or $51,000, again excluding Hoover from the calculations) if you adopted the same strategy for Republican administrations.
      v

Comment

Originally posted by Schwahalala View Post
        I hear the SEC is cracking down on day traders who are making money - shorting stock.
        How could they? There's nothing illegal or even wrong about shorting stock.

Comment

Just a rumor I guess - sorry - I will get the details.
          Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
          God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Originally posted by Airshark View Post
            I hear the SEC is cracking down on day traders who are making money - shorting stock.
            It's UnAmerican!!

Official Lounge sponsor of Chris Pronger & Alex Pietrangelo

Comment

Originally posted by Airshark View Post
              That's what I was thinking. But I think the SEC did come in at one time when a lot of the major banks failed and put a stop to shorting particular stocks - which I thought was a messed up move, but I believe they did as a part of series of moves to try and restore confidence in the banking system. So using that "logic" maybe they're trying to restore faith in the stock market as a whole - that is if they're actually doing said actions.

Although as a whole, at this point I have little to no faith in the SEC. They totally missed the ball on the whole ratings agency's fiasco and didn't even notice Medoff swinding billions of dollars through a Ponzi Scheme. I am fully confident they'll continue to do the wrong thing at this point and are made up primarily of relative incompetence.
              25MM jobs in 10 years / 4% GDP Growth / Insurance for everybody / Schools flush with cash don't produce results
              Jan 2017: 4.7% U-3, 9.2% U-6, 62.7% LFPR, 5.2% Real Wages, 2.6% GDP, 19,827 DJIA, 2,271 S&P500, $2.316/gal

Comment

Originally posted by El Birdo 1 View Post
                6,000!!!

Yes! We! Can!
                I predicted 6000 as the bottom some months ago.
                Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Stumbling - Bumbling - 7300
                  Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
                  God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

In positive territory now. Not unexpected, nobody wants to hold a short going into options expiration.

Comment

Originally posted by TTB View Post
                      Originally posted by El Birdo 1 View Post
                      6,000!!!

Yes! We! Can!
                      I predicted 6000 as the bottom some months ago.
                      Why do you hate America?
                      Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
                      -Barry Goldwater

Comment

Rick Santelli has a good rant here:

25MM jobs in 10 years / 4% GDP Growth / Insurance for everybody / Schools flush with cash don't produce results
                        Jan 2017: 4.7% U-3, 9.2% U-6, 62.7% LFPR, 5.2% Real Wages, 2.6% GDP, 19,827 DJIA, 2,271 S&P500, $2.316/gal

Comment

Originally posted by marco View Post
                          Rick Santelli has a good rant here:

Mr. Gibbs didn't find this very amusing.

Comment

Gibbs being the White House Press Secretary?

Comment

The very one.

He also had the balls to say that if he'd watched cable coverage of the campaign, he'd have given up a long time ago. Because, you know, the press was really hard on Obama in 2008.

I mean, really hard.

Comment

The very one.

He also had the balls to say that if he'd watched cable coverage of the campaign, he'd have given up a long time ago. Because, you know, the press was really hard on Obama in 2008.

I mean, really hard.
                                [sarcastically]Yeah right, real tough.[/]

Though did he reference that exact rant?

Comment

Working...
                                X