Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matt Walker is new Blues star

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Matt Walker is new Blues star

    That's all...thought I'd share...

    "Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

  • #2
    I'd also like to add: its typical....

    "Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

    Comment


    • #3
      The guy can barely skate. I'm not sure he's any better than guys like Rob Robinson were.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by devaskar@Feb 28 2004, 12:17 PM
        The guy can barely skate. I'm not sure he's any better than guys like Rob Robinson were.
        Rob Robinson...wow, blast from the past....

        Yeah, I know the guy can barely skate...just like that one-time Blues fan favorite: Tyson Nash....

        "Can't buy what I want because it's free...
        Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
        -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

        Comment


        • #5
          Matt Walker is a beast.

          "
          Why are the Russians suddenly a problem?" -Bgats

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by 007+Feb 28 2004, 10:54 AM-->
            QUOTE(007 @ Feb 28 2004, 10:54 AM)

          • #7
            Originally posted by mellanby_equals_grit@Feb 28 2004, 01:04 PM
            Matt Walker is a beast.
            He can defend himself, but that's aboot it...

            "Can't buy what I want because it's free...
            Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
            -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

            Comment


            • #8
              Originally posted by devaskar@Feb 28 2004, 01:05 PM
              When he was healthy, Tyson Nash was a good player for the Blues.
              I couldn't stand Nash....and I"ll leave it @ that...

              "Can't buy what I want because it's free...
              Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
              -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

              Comment


              • #9
                When Nash finally regained his wheels after the knee surgery, he was very effective again. He was a terrific penalty killer in 2000-01 before the injury, and toward the end of last season played the best hockey of his career. He was one of the few guys who played well in the Vancouver series (along with Weight, Stillman, and Rucinsky).

                Comment


                • #10
                  Originally posted by devaskar@Feb 28 2004, 01:15 PM
                  When Nash finally regained his wheels after the knee surgery, he was very effective again. He was a terrific penalty killer in 2000-01 before the injury, and toward the end of last season played the best hockey of his career. He was one of the few guys who played well in the Vancouver series (along with Weight, Stillman, and Rucinsky).
                  The guy had speed when he stayed on his feet, but that was a rarity....he was always falling down all over himself...

                  "Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                  Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                  -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    I think Walker's skating ability (or lack thereof) is going to turn him into an above average positional defensemen.

                    I think, given the right circumstances/system, that he could be a very physical and effective player. He's not afraid to drop 'em, and he can administer a beating when he needs to. I'm not looking for him to score more than 1-3 goals and maybe 1-5 assists per season, but I think if he's paired up with the right guy, he would thrive (just like Van Ryn).

                    I wouldn't project him to be more than a #5 or #6 defensemen, though.

                    Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

                    * Payment processing. It will be official soon.

                    Comment


                    • #12
                      Originally posted by steveInebriated@Feb 28 2004, 04:51 PM
                      I think Walker's skating ability (or lack thereof) is going to turn him into an above average positional defensemen.

                      I think, given the right circumstances/system, that he could be a very physical and effective player. He's not afraid to drop 'em, and he can administer a beating when he needs to. I'm not looking for him to score more than 1-3 goals and maybe 1-5 assists per season, but I think if he's paired up with the right guy, he would thrive (just like Van Ryn).

                      I wouldn't project him to be more than a #5 or #6 defensemen, though.
                      But he's the new Blues hero!!!

                      He's easily a number three b/c he goons it up..

                      I need to drink tonite...

                      "Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                      Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                      -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

                      Comment


                      • #13
                        Originally posted by 007+Feb 28 2004, 04:54 PM-->
                        QUOTE(007 @ Feb 28 2004, 04:54 PM)

                      • #14
                        Originally posted by 007+Feb 28 2004, 04:54 PM-->
                        QUOTE(007 @ Feb 28 2004, 04:54 PM)

                      • #15
                        Originally posted by 007+Feb 28 2004, 01:07 PM-->
                        QUOTE(007 @ Feb 28 2004, 01:07 PM)
                      Working...
                      X