No announcement yet.

Referees protest with their shirts at NBA games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wondered what was up with that last night. I went to a little sports bar and saw the Toronto/Boston game on. There was no sound and I just figured that the one ref I did see had his luggage lost or something.
    Sponsor of:
    Brian Elliott
    Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
    5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

Commissioner David Stern issued a statement Saturday saying the referees' actions were "woefully inconsistent with the professionalism with which NBA officials normally conduct themselves."
      Good for the NBA.

I wish the NHL had the balls to discipline their officials when they screw up.
      RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
      You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

NBA refs should be ashamed of themselves.
        Official Sponsor of the National League Three-Peat.

Comment

Originally posted by JWB@Feb 28 2004, 04:56 PM
          Commissioner David Stern issued a statement Saturday saying the referees' actions were "woefully inconsistent with the professionalism with which NBA officials normally conduct themselves."
          Good for the NBA.

I wish the NHL had the balls to discipline their officials when they screw up.
          I think they do, they just don't make it known to the public eye. I wish they would though.
          Sponsor of:
          Brian Elliott
          Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
          5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

I thought this was an embarrassment on the part of the officials. Talk about unprofessional.

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar@Feb 28 2004, 05:56 PM
              I thought this was an embarrassment on the part of the officials. Talk about unprofessional.
              The embarassment on the part of the officials is the way they officiate, or lack thereof.

I attended my first NBA game tonite (Pacers/Sixers) and my g-d, theres no such thing as traveling. That and the fifteen flagrant fouls that went as no-calls, and the ball clearly off 2 sixer players that was ruled to be Philly ball. Unbelieveable.

I thought it was bad on TV, but in person...
              Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
              Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
              There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
              "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
              "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

Comment

Officials in all sports have become very mediocre, at best, at performing their jobs. Baseball is probably the worst. Not only do they fail to be constant at their job performance, then they have the audacity to tell us that they should not be openly criticized. Players, coaches, and ownership are constantly being criticized in the media, for their flubs.
                Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Working...
                X