X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Damtoft@Feb 29 2004, 10:08 PM
    Schwah,

Glad you weighed in.

"Gun control" is largely a feel-good issue for suburban white liberals.

Those that get hurt are mothers who live in places like E. St. Louis that aren't allowed to protect their families.
    JD,

I suspect that if the criminals actually knew people didn't have guns they would go on a non stop crime spree. The assumption in this area is that everyone has a gun and will use it.
    Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
    God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Here in St. Charles I'm more afraid of the drunken rednecks than anything, and I grew up here. However, after the I-70 killer made a stop a couple of blocks from my house, I bought a "house gun"...and it stays loaded and accessible. Now, carry in public? Probably not, even though I have cash deposits from my business; they aren't big enough to worry much about, and I'm about three-four blocks from my bank. However, I've also always believed that you never need a gun until you REALLY need one, so...I'm ambivalent.

the Dog

Dat's right!

Official Lounge Dog
      Official Lounge sponsor of Bryce Salvador
      Official Lounge sponsor of Cardinalgirl

Comment

Originally posted by Rdog3933@Feb 29 2004, 11:24 PM
        Here in St. Charles I'm more afraid of the drunken rednecks than anything, and I grew up here. However, after the I-70 killer made a stop a couple of blocks from my house, I bought a "house gun"...and it stays loaded and accessible. Now, carry in public? Probably not, even though I have cash deposits from my business; they aren't big enough to worry much about, and I'm about three-four blocks from my bank. However, I've also always believed that you never need a gun until you REALLY need one, so...I'm ambivalent.

the Dog
        Your insured right?

Every law enforcement organization in the world will say it's better to just give up the money than to get into a gun fight over it.
        Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Dog,

My son's godfather has used his gun to defend himself and his family countless times through the years.

Who are a bunch of soccer moms to tell him he can't?
          And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Feb 29 2004, 10:28 PM
            Dog,

My son's godfather has used his gun to defend himself and his family countless times through the years.

Who are a bunch of soccer moms to tell him he can't?
            It's called a democracy....

If the majority of people say he can not...well, that's who is telling him he can't..

If he doesnt like it...he can move to some other worker's paradise.

Comment

One of the worst things about this silly ass law is that if St. Louis county or Whatever county wants to opt out of it, it CAN'T!

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks@Feb 29 2004, 10:27 PM
                Your insured right?

Every law enforcement organization in the world will say it's better to just give up the money than to get into a gun fight over it.
                I assume that you're talking about my business receipts; yes, I'm insured, so I don't worry about them. If someone breaks into my house while I'm home, though, it is to do me harm (I have two large dogs that are very protective) so if the dogs don't kill him, I will. Period. That simple.

the Dog

Dat's right!

Official Lounge Dog
                Official Lounge sponsor of Bryce Salvador
                Official Lounge sponsor of Cardinalgirl

Comment

Wangster,

Of course, the question was rhetorical.

Self-defense is a fundamental human right.
                  And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

Comment

Black History Moment -

With about 1 hour and 30 minutes left in the month.

During the race riots in East St. Louis that brought national condemnation on the area slightly before 1920 the first thing the cops did was take the guns from the Black citizens as a way - they said to prevent trouble. When the "riot" broke out Whites began firing upon Blacks near the downtown area. Some were beaten to death, some were set on fire, some were tortured, all were unarmed. When the unruly mob drove into the all Black neighborhoods and began firing they were met with gunfire and quickly left. Guns from across the river had been smuggled in by relatives and friends. This effectively stopped a massacre from becoming much worse. How could I ever be against a person having the right to defend themselves.
                    Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
                    God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Originally posted by Rdog3933+Feb 29 2004, 11:36 PM-->
                      QUOTE(Rdog3933 @ Feb 29 2004, 11:36 PM)

Originally posted by madyaks+Feb 29 2004, 10:15 PM-->
                      QUOTE(madyaks @ Feb 29 2004, 10:15 PM)

Schwah,

Furthermore, you should discount Yaks' "point" regarding what police say.

Police are usually nowhere to be found when crime is committed.

They show up (at best) several minutes later.

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Feb 29 2004, 11:59 PM
                        Schwah,

Furthermore, you should discount Yaks' "point" regarding what police say.

Police are usually nowhere to be found when crime is committed.

They show up (at best) several minutes later.
                        Because most criminals choose not to commit crime right in front of police.

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks+Feb 29 2004, 10:50 PM-->
                          QUOTE(madyaks @ Feb 29 2004, 10:50 PM)
                          Originally posted by [email protected] 29 2004, 11:36 PM

Yaks,

>>Because most criminals choose not to commit crime right in front of police<<

Thanks for helping make the point.

Comment

Working...
                          X