Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Lounge GDT: Talla-Freakin'-Dega!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Lounge GDT: Talla-Freakin'-Dega!

Travis Kvapil on the pole. Tony Stewart has six runner-ups here without a win, Jeff Gordon has six wins here, and Kurt Busch has the highest average finish of any active driver (11.9). Roush-kateers probably not going to fare well and neither will Kyle. He won here last spring, but prior to that, his best finish was 11th and his other five starts resulted in finishes of 32nd or worse. STL is well-represented with Mike and Kenny Wallace and Ken Schrader. Mike Wallace could be a legitimate threat to win in a fourth RCR car and a starting spot of sixth.
    The OFFICIAL Lounge Sponsor of:

damn, denny hit that wall HARD!

Comment

Goodyear shit the bed AGAIN with the tires...

Comment

damn, there goes another big one, swiped out quite a few with only 14 to go

Comment

jr is racing's joe biden, blah blah blah blah blah

Comment

odd single file last lap til the last moment and i think smith wins it just barely over tony

but did smith pass below the yella? and apparently he did cause tony wins it.

smith's crew celebrated too early and he'll complain he was forced down and that he thought anything goes on the last lap
            MsFunkay
            Last edited by MsFunkay; 10-05-2008, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Skipp, wasn't there a rule where you could go under the yellow if forced down there?
              So NASCAR is saying that Tony can force you down there and not let you pass him? Next time just wreck Tony then.
              Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

where exactly was smith trying to go anyway at the last moment?

and i won't be shocked if denny has a hurt foot/leg, hell i'll be more shocked if he walked away from that totally uninjured.
                MsFunkay
                Last edited by MsFunkay; 10-05-2008, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks View Post
                    Skipp, wasn't there a rule where you could go under the yellow if forced down there?
                    So NASCAR is saying that Tony can force you down there and not let you pass him? Next time just wreck Tony then.
                    Tony didn't force him because Smith didn't have the position. He chose to go under him. Having your nose near the rear quarterpanel doesn't give you the position. NASCAR got it right.

Comment

Originally posted by skippy05 View Post
                      Tony didn't force him because Smith didn't have the position. He chose to go under him. Having your nose near the rear quarterpanel doesn't give you the position.

Since a chase driver won. FRANCECAR got it right.

fixed

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Daniels View Post
                        fixed
                        Pretty much considering (I believe) Mike Skinner in a 2007 truck race went below the yellow line to get a second place finish and NASCAR at the time said anything goes if you can see the checkered flag.

And I'll argue that Smith did have position because Stewart wouldn't have needed to come down on Smith if Smith didn't have a passable position.

Stewart was gifted the win. Gotta keep the stars content.

Comment

could smith see the flag?

Comment

Originally posted by MsFunkay View Post
                            could smith see the flag?
                            They were in the Tri-oval.

Here's my thought: Smith made an agressive (legal) move to go under Stewart on the frontstretch. He had at least a car width between Stewart's car and the Yellow line before Stewart blocked him. Stewart came down on Smith to the point where Smith needed to go below the yellow line to avoid wrecking Stewart. IMO, Smith's move was legal and it was Stewart's actions that caused Smith's move to become illegal according to NASCAR's rule. I also don't agree with the call simply because the yellow line rule on the tri-oval prior to the turn 1 entrance means little. Drivers are still able to control their cars below the line in the tri-oval because the banking is not nearly as bad as the other turns and that's why the yellow line rule is there.

Comment

reason i ask is cause of this, from yahoo:

NASCAR says drivers can go below the yellow line on the last lap, if a driver can see the flagstand. But Smith could not see the checkered flag when he made the pass because of the position of the finish line—farther down the track than most others on the circuit.

and if nascar did so wrong today, they better apologize to stewart who's dropped in races for the same thing. but truthfully i thought they probably got it right then and now. tony blocked him, its legal

ps, next time smith is confused about a rule in the driver's meeting, i suggest he asks instead of saying that he didn't cause he's a rookie
                              MsFunkay
                              Last edited by MsFunkay; 10-05-2008, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X