Religulous...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dhaab View Post
    Why don't you look into it BEFORE commenting, assbeforethecarthat.
    Because I'm not going to see it, assohlooktherearesomemartians.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie Cleveland View Post
      So let me guess -- Maher selects the dimmest bulbs in the believing world and spends 90 minutes riffing on them?
      He talks to those who were willing to be interviewed and believe in a literal interpretation of their respective religion. It's not the religous person who can seperate the parable's in their partictular belief system from reality that is the problem. It's those that take it to the extreme. In all fairness, he goes after Muslims pretty hard and calls them on a lot of their bullshit. He also gets after Mormons and the obligatory magic underwear joke...

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie Cleveland View Post
        Because I'm not going to see it, assohlooktherearesomemartians.
        SHOCKING!! Assihaventlearnedanythingsinceiwas18hat.
        *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Comment

In all honesty, this guy came off looking about as stupid as anyone in the movie and he's a Democratic Senator (although in all fairness he is from Arkansas).

http://pryor.senate.gov/about/

Comment

Originally posted by bombay
            Oh. That certainly doesn't sound like much fun.
            So you say it is a dumbass thread and question if I am attempting to start trouble and then say this? Ok...

Comment

Originally posted by bombay
              Yes. That appears to be the case.
              Well, that is par for the course on message boards I guess...

Comment

I wish
                that
                I knew what I know now
                When I was younga

Comment

Seriously, dhaab. Why would I go see this? All it would do is piss me off.

Comment

Maher is a bitter, mysogynist hack.

Just a miserable excuse for a human being.
                    We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some whore he picked up in town

Comment

Originally posted by Skeptic View Post
                      Maher is a bitter, mysogynist hack.

Just a miserable excuse for a human being.
                      Pot, meet kettle...

He also has more talent and conviction than you ever will.

Comment

Pot, meet kettle...

That sounds a bit gay.

I'll never watch the movie, but based on his stance on religion, I almost feel like I have.

Maher should keep his atheist views to himself and stop ridiculing those who have faith. He's a distinct minority on this issue, and a terrible authority on it as well.

He should stick to his relentless obsession with Sarah Palin and the occasionally amusing "New Rule."

Again, just a pathetic representative of the human race.
                        We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some whore he picked up in town

Comment

I can't wait to see it, dude is seriously funny.
                          Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Originally posted by SKIDOG View Post
                            Pot, meet kettle...

Conviction.. yes.

Talent...now you are reaching.

Basically the guy is a bitter smartass who thinks he's bright...but isn't

George Carlin? He was an atheist too or at least seemed like he was...and he was one of the best comedians ever. That's talent.
                            Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

One of Carlin's great quotes on religion:

Religion easily has the greatest bullshit story ever told. Think about it, religion has actually convinced people that there's an INVISIBLE MAN...LIVING IN THE SKY...who watches every thing you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten special things that he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish where he will send to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry for ever and ever 'til the end of time...but he loves you. [George Carlin, from "You Are All Diseased"]

Comment

Originally posted by SKIDOG View Post
                                Pot, meet kettle...

How do you know?
                                Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Working...
                                X