Religulous...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Religulous...

Was really, really funny. If you like Maher, you'll like this. If you are a religous person, goes without saying probably not so much...

Originally posted by SKIDOG View Post
    Was really, really funny. If you like Maher, you'll like this. If you are a religous person, goes without saying probably not so much...
    I'm willing to bet 9 out of 10 people with a Darwin fish avatar likes this movie

Comment

Originally posted by Sheriff Blaylock View Post
      I'm willing to bet 9 out of 10 people with a Darwin fish avatar likes this movie
      I would have to agree with you on that.

Comment

You know, I never noticed that dumbass avatar until you just pointed it out.

Now I don't know what I'm going to do.

Comment

Hopefully you will somehow recover...

Comment

I thought this thread was going to be about Emmitt Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by bcruise View Post
              I thought this thread was going to be about Emmitt Smith.
              Go Cubs go
              Go Cubs go
              He Chicago what do you say
              The Cubs are gonna choke today

Sorry, couldn't resist...

Comment

Originally posted by bombay
                SKIDOG, what motivated you to start a dumbass thread like this? Just felt like starting a food fight?
                I really don't know which side is more naive....Me-Maw from Gatlinburg with her God said it/I believe it/That settles it bumper sticker, or people who think that all we need for eternal peace and happiness is for religion to go away.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie Cleveland View Post
                  I really don't know which side is more naive....Me-Maw from Gatlinburg with her God said it/I believe it/That settles it bumper sticker, or people who think that all we need for eternal peace and happiness is for religion to go away.
                  I don't recall ever saying I want all religion to go away. I said I don't like it and it's not for me. I said I don't want it pushed on me. You know, the main theme of this movie isn't that there is no God. It's that none of us know anything about what God really is or isn't and that it's ok to question faith. And also that maybe the world would be better off if more people did and didn't have such certitude that what they believe is 100% correct.

As to the question of was I trying to start a fight, no. I can have an adult conversation on this subject without name calling and childishness. What others bring to it is on them.

Comment

I don't recall ever saying I want all religion to go away. I said I don't like it and it's not for me. I said I don't want it pushed on me. You know, the main theme of this movie isn't that there is no God. It's that none of us know anything about what God really is or isn't and that it's ok to question faith. And also that maybe the world would be better off if more people did and didn't have such certitude that what they believe is 100% correct.

As to the question of was I trying to start a fight, no. I can have an adult conversation on this subject without name calling and childishness. What others bring to it is on them.
                    So let me guess -- Maher selects the dimmest bulbs in the believing world and spends 90 minutes riffing on them?

Comment

Don't be so civil and understanding, SKIDOG. Reggie doesn't understand that kind of language.
                      *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Comment

Yeah, no doubt the level of discourse in this thread will remain firmly in adult response territory.

As I said, I can't control what others say and do. I'll remain true to my word in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie Cleveland View Post
                          So let me guess -- Maher selects the dimmest bulbs in the believing world and spends 90 minutes riffing on them?
                          Why don't you look into it BEFORE commenting, assbeforethecarthat.
                          *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Comment

Yeah, no doubt the level of discourse in this thread will remain firmly in adult response territory.
                            How would you recognizer adult response, assatheistliberalcocksuckerdoubleparker?

Comment

Originally posted by dhaab View Post
                              Don't be so civil and understanding, SKIDOG. Reggie doesn't understand that kind of language.
                              Damn straight. Give me something I can abuse.

Comment

Working...
                              X