• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kjoe's wet dream has come true

It's you isn't it?

All those nights in Crystal City taverns has paid off

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/post/M...urn=top,111671

This is one of those stories that makes you shake your head in disbelief -- first, that it happened, and second, that you didn't get in on it in time. Seems the lovely Wimbledon champ Maria Sharapova put herself -- well, a date with herself, anyway -- up for auction at a charity tennis tournament. The winning bid was $10,000, which seems a bit below market value. Lobbing up the awkwardness quotient is the fact that Ms. Sharapova's boyfriend apparently got outbid for the date. Think that was a comfortable ride home?
    Oh, and one other thing -- Ms. Sharapova took in $26 million last year, making her the world's best-paid female athlete. That means that for her, a $10,000 bid is the equivalent of getting taken out for a McDonald's Extra Value Meal. She's lovin' it!
    Now, in auctioning off the mealtime services of a beautiful athlete, some may see crass, thinly-veiled sexism. Me, I see opportunity. We've got ourselves a bit of a financial crisis in America these days, right? Well, if Ms. Sharapova is willing to let herself go for a mere ten large, how much do you think Tom Brady could fetch? Natalie Gulbis? Dale Earnhardt Jr.? Derek Jeter?
    Time to think outside the box here, people. We've given our athletes so much -- is it so wrong to ask them to start giving back in return?
    Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan View Post
    It's you isn't it?

All those nights in Crystal City taverns has paid off

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/post/M...urn=top,111671
    Oh, as big a kick as I get out of so much of my clientele, I know the reality of age differences measured in decades. So I keep my distance and just trust that Maria takes the trouble to keep track of my suggestions for her well-being posted in various places. She is working seriously on her shoulder problem---so we will see if she avoids some of the unhappy endings of some of the Cardinals' pitchers.

I wish her well if anything is going on with Dick Ebersol's son---

but mindful that Ebersol senior was the one who fired Jane Pauley, and was not well liked by snlive performers in the 80s, I left her a hint that she needs to find out if McCain convinced this guy that all Americans are Georgians when it comes to Russia---don't want her to get overinvolved with people who might be intolerant of her Russian heritage.
    v

Comment

Working...
    X