The Passion of The Christ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Passion of The Christ

I am getting ready to watch it, has anyone seen it yet?

What did you think?
    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Originally posted by madyaks@Feb 28 2004, 01:28 AM
    I am getting ready to watch it, has anyone seen it yet?

What did you think?
    Getting ready?

Sneaky bastard....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

I saw it earlier tonight, and I thought it was...actually, it's hard to describe how I feel about the movie. It was intense, to say the least, and it was very emotional and very moving. I'd say it's definitely worth watching, but I can't really express in words how good the movie actually was. Crying while watching a movie is a very rare occurrence for me, but The Passion definitely moved me to tears. Jim Caviezel gives an amazing performance, to say the least.

Comment

I still can't decide if I'm going to see this. I know what the Book says.
        Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
        "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

I watched up until they were getting ready to whip him I guess, right after the Roman General refused to kill him.
          I didn't want to watch any more, this is NOT a movie for kids to watch.
          I'd say intense is an understatement.

And sub titles suck

Comment

what, did you download it or something?

i'm going to see it sometime this week. i can't wait.
            Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Comment

Originally posted by bigJOE@Feb 28 2004, 03:43 AM
              what, did you download it or something?

i'm going to see it sometime this week. i can't wait.
              There are copies floating around.

I think I will try to watch the rest later, not sure I was in the mood for such a deep movie after work, maybe this weekend sometime.

Comment

going tonight, i will try to report on it after i see it. I want to see it but i don't think i can say i am looking forward to it, that doesn't seem correct. should be interesting.

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

Leno said if the movie is successful, they might turn it into a book...

Comment

What kind of cover art do you think they'll use? A picture of Caviezal?
                    His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
                    Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

Originally posted by ReggieCleveland@Feb 28 2004, 09:03 AM
                      Ah, but it would never sell....

Comment

My parents saw it Wednesday...Mom liked it, but Pops was caught off-guard that the movie was subtitled...said he wanted to leave after realizing that, but the old lady wouldn't let him...other than that, he seemed pretty indifferent to the movie other than it being too graphic...
                        . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
                        -mike
                        mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

Comment

I saw it last night at the Chase. There were only two things that could keep this movie from cracking my "top five movies of all time" list -
                          • The music. It sucked -- the composer was going for a "Braveheart meets Ancient Egypt" sound, which was not period specific (not that I've heard music from 33 A.D., but I know that it doesn't sound like 16th century Egypt). IMO, this movie would have been good enough without anything in the background to distract the viewer.
                          • The pale creature in the black cloak. I didn't understand where this character was in the Bible. I remember having to read the Bible in grade school and high school in religion class, and I don't ever remember seeing anything in there about a pretentious metaphorical addition to the story.
                          Other than those two things, I immensely enjoyed the movie. I went into watching it knowing how gory it was going to be, so I wasn't too shocked to see Jesus being scourged to the point of death. It's most definitely not a movie for children to see (especially if they hate reading subtitles), and it's one that I'm only going to watch maybe two or three more times in my life - I don't want it to lose it's emotional effect with repeated viewings...

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Originally posted by steveInebriated@Feb 28 2004, 10:43 AM
                            I saw it last night at the Chase. There were only two things that could keep this movie from cracking my "top five movies of all time" list -
                            • The music. It sucked -- the composer was going for a "Braveheart meets Ancient Egypt" sound, which was not period specific (not that I've heard music from 33 A.D., but I know that it doesn't sound like 16th century Egypt). IMO, this movie would have been good enough without anything in the background to distract the viewer.
                            • The pale creature in the black cloak. I didn't understand where this character was in the Bible. I remember having to read the Bible in grade school and high school in religion class, and I don't ever remember seeing anything in there about a pretentious metaphorical addition to the story.
                            Other than those two things, I immensely enjoyed the movie. I went into watching it knowing how gory it was going to be, so I wasn't too shocked to see Jesus being scourged to the point of death. It's most definitely not a movie for children to see (especially if they hate reading subtitles), and it's one that I'm only going to watch maybe two or three more times in my life - I don't want it to lose it's emotional effect with repeated viewings...
                            The creature in the black cloak is not actually
                            in the Bible, at least not in that representation.

I assume this character is representing satan,
                            and his tempting of Christ to not go through
                            with the crucifixion, knowing that Christ was
                            going to die to save the world from sin.

I haven't seen the movie, planning on it,
                            but this is what I've heard.

Comment

Originally posted by Offsides+Feb 28 2004, 10:48 AM-->
                              QUOTE(Offsides @ Feb 28 2004, 10:48 AM)
                            Working...
                            X