Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another One Bites the Dust....Wachovia is no more.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another One Bites the Dust....Wachovia is no more.

per CNN.
    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
    MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
    The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Bankruptcy or somebody buy them?
    Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan View Post
      Bankruptcy or somebody buy them?
      I believe Wells Fargo and Citi are in a bidding war to buy Wachovia.

Comment

Citigroup bought them, according to MSN
        “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

Now property of Citibank. This was pre-seizure and "recommended" by govt. officials. Basically it's a "take it or lock your doors" kind of deal.
          Official Lounge Sponsor of:
          MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
          The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

When I bought Wachovia stock several years ago, I did so because I wanted a conservative, safe investment.

Lost my ass on safe and conservative.

Comment

Originally posted by ksbluesfan View Post
              When I bought Wachovia stock several years ago, I did so because I wanted a conservative, safe investment.

Lost my ass on safe and conservative.
              Losing your monies and sex predators moving back to the neighborhood. Time to pop another Xanax!

Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Moon Man View Post
                Losing your monies and sex predators moving back to the neighborhood. Time to pop another Xanax!

Moon
                No need for Xanax today. Overall my account is in great shape. That god for our nation's hat - Canada.

Comment

Wow. Some recent friends from my kid's school just moved to St. Louis a couple months ago because the Wachovia securities division headquarters moved to STL as part of the AG deal. Looks like the deal keeps the investment securities as Wachovia. Good for them and many others in STL
                  Sketch in STL
                  Official Sponsor of jHonny Peralta

I'M WITH HILLARY!

Comment

Scratch the Citi deal... they're slated to be Wells Fargo now.

Official Lounge sponsor of Chris Pronger & Alex Pietrangelo

Comment

Originally posted by Prngr44 View Post
                      Scratch the Citi deal... they're slated to be Wells Fargo now.
                      Notsofast my friend...

Drama unfolds as FDIC backs Citi deal since it was first

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                      Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                      -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Heh. I took my kid to a Peewee hockey game this morning, and the rink is right across the street from a Wachovia and a Washington Mutual. Three other banks are within a block. Some sad people right around there.

Comment

4 more years, 4 more years.......
                          Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks View Post
                            4 more years, 4 more years.......
                            Yaks, seriously man - your life is gonna end on January 20th.

Comment

Both deals are subject to shareholder approval.

Ok shareholders... do you want $1 per share, or $7 per share.

You pick.

Official Lounge sponsor of Chris Pronger & Alex Pietrangelo

Comment

Working...
                              X