Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL and AL: LVP, Marquis Award

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NL and AL: LVP, Marquis Award

    The Marquis Award, fyi, is given to the worst pitcher in baseball.

    Notes for eligibility: contestants for the LVP must have enough plate appearances to have qualified for the batting title. Starting pitchers must have enough innings to have qualified for the ERA title. Relief pitchers...harder to define a standard, so let's just say players who have been in the bigs for all or most of this year.

    Nominations?
    Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

    "This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

  • #2
    Marquis Award should go to the entire Cards bullpen.

    LVP not sure

    Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!


    Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

    Comment


    • #3
      That's really not fair that you make Marquis Award elgibility based on innings pitched. To suck that bad typically means you're pulled early and, despite enough starts, don't have enough innings. You're almost saying they're too sucky to qualify. Exhibit A:

      Carlos Silva, 28 starts, 153.1ip, 4-15, 6.46 ERA, 1.60 WHIP, 69 K, 32 BB

      To me, that is worse than Nate Robertson, 28 starts (31g) 7-11, 6.35 ERA, 1.66 WHIP, 108 K, 68 BB, but Robertson is qualified.
      Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
      Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
      There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
      "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
      "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

      Comment


      • #4
        Barry Zito.

        /thread
        OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
        OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
        OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
        OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

        Comment


        • #5
          Izzy
          Official Lounge Sponsor of Cardinals Stirrups

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Blues Fan in SF View Post
            Barry Zito.

            /thread
            He actually had a decent second half.

            Ryan Franklin was pretty crappy.
            Make America Great For Once.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Bleacher Creature View Post
              He actually had a decent second half.

              Ryan Franklin was pretty crappy.
              He has pitched very well the last 6 weeks or so. Which just points out further exactly how horrendous he was the first half of the season.
              OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
              OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
              OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
              OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

              Comment


              • #8
                Homer Bailey made 8 of the most horrific starts a person could possibly make.
                Official Lounge Sponsor:
                Tom Brady, Brandon Spikes and the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
                The 29 Time Beanpot Champion Boston University Terriers
                Clay Buchholz, Dustin Pedroia, Aaron Curry

                Comment


                • #9
                  The guy who whiffed 200 times in AZ. If I were (teammate) Adam Dunn, I'd buy him a Rolex for erasing my name from such a dubious record.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Lippa View Post
                    Homer Bailey made 8 of the most horrific starts a person could possibly make.
                    It wasn't a good year for big-shot young pitchers overall...

                    Bailey
                    Verlander
                    Hughes
                    Buchholz
                    Miller
                    Gallardo (injury)
                    Morales
                    Adenhart
                    Hochevar
                    Liz


                    On the flip side of that, you've still got guys like Lincecum and Billingsley and Lester, but overall...yikes.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Tazlaz View Post
                      That's really not fair that you make Marquis Award elgibility based on innings pitched. To suck that bad typically means you're pulled early and, despite enough starts, don't have enough innings. You're almost saying they're too sucky to qualify. Exhibit A:

                      Carlos Silva, 28 starts, 153.1ip, 4-15, 6.46 ERA, 1.60 WHIP, 69 K, 32 BB

                      To me, that is worse than Nate Robertson, 28 starts (31g) 7-11, 6.35 ERA, 1.66 WHIP, 108 K, 68 BB, but Robertson is qualified.
                      Okey doke. How about 125 IP for a starting pitcher and 50 IP for a relief pitcher?
                      Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

                      "This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Mike Parisi pretty much crapped the bed in his few starts.
                        Make America Great For Once.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Bleacher Creature View Post
                          Mike Parisi pretty much crapped the bed in his few starts.
                          See, that's what I'm looking to avoid. These awards are not for players that got a cup of coffee, got bitchslapped, and were exiled back to the minors. These are for big-league suckiness.
                          Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

                          "This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by kah View Post
                            See, that's what I'm looking to avoid. These awards are not for players that got a cup of coffee, got bitchslapped, and were exiled back to the minors. These are for big-league suckiness.
                            Gotcha, but his suckiness helped keep the Cards out of postseason.
                            Make America Great For Once.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Jack Daniels View Post
                              The guy who whiffed 200 times in AZ. If I were (teammate) Adam Dunn, I'd buy him a Rolex for erasing my name from such a dubious record.
                              Dude managed 28 HR and 96 RBI... didn't have a great year by any stretch, but hard to call him the suckiest of them all, I think.


                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X