Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson blasts Bulger benching; Bulger no longer wants to play for Linehan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson blasts Bulger benching; Bulger no longer wants to play for Linehan?

Jackson blasts QB benching
    By Jim Thomas
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    Friday, Sep. 26 2008
    The vibe in the Rams locker room Wednesday and Thursday was that several Rams
    players weren't happy about the benching of Marc Bulger. But no one would say
    so publicly.

Well, outspoken running back Steven Jackson took care of that Thursday night on
    his "Rolling the Dice" radio show on KLOU (103.3 FM). Jackson said benching
    Bulger was the "wrong decision."

"He's our general," said Jackson, who then pointed out that you don't pay
    someone "$60-something million" and then sit him on the bench.

(Bulger was signed to a $65 million contract extension prior to the 2007
    season.)

Although he harbors no ill will against Trent Green, who replaces Bulger in the
    starting lineup Sunday against Buffalo, Jackson wondered aloud about what will
    happen when it's time for Bulger to return to the starting lineup? Jackson
    intimated strongly that Bulger would be unwilling to do so.

Team sources did in fact tell the Post-Dispatch on Thursday that Bulger no
    longer wants to play for coach Scott Linehan. Bulger has declined comment for
    three consecutive days since his benching became public knowledge.

When asked by the radio show's host, Malcolm Briggs, if there were other Rams
    players who were against the benching, Jackson paused and replied, "I'm not the
    only one who feels this way."
    asdfasdf

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

It just keeps getting better and better.
    RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
    You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

http://www.stltoday.com/forums/viewt...light=#6142736

Bulger is livid.

No one likes to be benched ... but the way it was handled was disgraceful.

I can't share details now -- but just trust me on this one.

-B

Comment

What is it with St. Louis sportswriters saying, "I've got HUGE info...but I can't tell you." If you can't tell us, don't mention it until you can.

Comment

Thread has been deleted...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
          Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
          -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

WTF?

Comment

good. the faster Bulger can tell the rams to fuck off, the better. No ill will Trent, but good luck buddy!

lipstick on sarahpalin, rearranging deck chairs, etc. LOL
              Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Originally posted by Glovey View Post
                What is it with St. Louis sportswriters saying, "I've got HUGE info...but I can't tell you." If you can't tell us, don't mention it until you can.
                Benie has been pulling that trick for years. It means he doesn't know jack dick more than anyone else.
                Official Lounge sponsor of Nick Plummer
                R.I.P. Rdog, davhaf

Comment

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by JWB
                  http://www.stltoday.com/forums/viewt...light=#6142736

Originally posted by 007 View Post
                  Thread has been deleted...
                  Bernie got banned by Mike Smith, from his own board?

Comment

No tv on this one I'm guessing?

Dear Chip,

You can't fire all the players. Just saying.

Love,

Common Sense

Comment

I hate Linehan as much as the next guy, but all of this makes it patently clear to me that the players have been dicking around too and are a big part of the "attitude" problem at Rams Park. For all of their bitching and moaning, both Jackson and Bulger had *career* years under Linehan and were rewarded with *state of the art* contracts. These fucktards need to do a better job of making it work, no matter how stupid and idiotic the coach is.
                      On my mind: How can I shut up the singing English graduate student? How many more lossess will KU's basketball team have than its football team? How will the Rams front office screw up this year?

Official lounge sponsor of Will Witherspoon, Russell Robinson, and all other things Jayhawk at the lounge (which ain't much).

Comment

25MM jobs in 10 years / 4% GDP Growth / Insurance for everybody / Schools flush with cash don't produce results
                        Jan 2017: 4.7% U-3, 9.2% U-6, 62.7% LFPR, 5.2% Real Wages, 2.6% GDP, 19,827 DJIA, 2,271 S&P500, $2.316/gal

Comment

Originally posted by Glovey View Post

no shit. they're all fucktards. If you have info, share it. If not, don't try to grandstand. As usual, Bernwhale ain't got shit.
                          Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                          MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                          The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy View Post
                            I hate Linehan as much as the next guy, but all of this makes it patently clear to me that the players have been dicking around too and are a big part of the "attitude" problem at Rams Park. For all of their bitching and moaning, both Jackson and Bulger had *career* years under Linehan and were rewarded with *state of the art* contracts. These fucktards need to do a better job of making it work, no matter how stupid and idiotic the coach is.
                            ++ Goddamn right. It started with Jackson, continued with Bulger and his pouty ways then with Holt / Bruce. They NEVEY would have pulled that shit with Martz or Vermeil.

BTW, if Bulger doesn't want to play for Linehan, it shouldn't be a problem after Sunday.
                            Official sponsor of indifference towards basketball...hockey has grown on me.
                            Official sponsor of Buster Posey...'nuff said.
                            Official sponsor of James Laurinaitis
                            "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live - too rare to die."

Comment

That entire organization has more drama than all the daytime soaps combined. That establishment needs an enema.
                              Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Working...
                              X