X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letterman unloads on McCain for not showing up

video

http://lateshow.cbs.com/latenight/la...p/965633.phtml

Cancel on Letterman at the last minute, leave him hanging, and he'll bite you on the ass. He had to fill the time somehow.

Comment

What a pounding.
      His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
      Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

McCaIN!!!!!1111

Nah, good stuff...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
        Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
        -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
          McCaIN!!!!!1111

Nah, good stuff...
          Glad you have calmed down.
          v

Comment

Originally posted by kjoe View Post
            Glad you have calmed down.
            I wasn't 'uncalm'...just pointed out it was already mentioned in that thread...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
            Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
            -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Originally posted by moedrabowsky View Post
              What a pounding.

Olberman playing Ed McMahon to Dave's Johnny Carson when he laughed about the ride to the airport.

Comment

Does the link no longer work? I get a picture, but nothing plays.
                Nature always sides with the hidden flaw.

We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the hateful words and actions of the bad people but for the appalling silence of the good people.

Comment

Originally posted by raise View Post
                  Does the link no longer work? I get a picture, but nothing plays.
                  Be patient.

First you'll see a still of McCain in a still with Katie Couric, whom he visited after stiffing Dave. That'll be covered by Dave. Then you'll see a :30 clip fot The Mentalist, followed by Dave.

It works, I just checked.

Comment

like i said in the other thread, i'd be pissed too if for another night i couldn't beat leno in the ratings game.

Comment

Sid's an asshole.
                      Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law ~

A.C.

Comment

Letterman keeps up assault on McCain

CBS, Jeffrey R. Staab
                        In this photo released by CBS, Paris Hilton laughs with host David Letterman on the set of "The Late Show with David Letterman," Thursday, Sept. 25, 2008, in New York.

By DAVID BAUDER

AP Television Writer

NEW YORK --

"Late Show" host David Letterman kept up a verbal assault on John McCain Thursday, saying he felt like an "ugly date" because the GOP presidential candidate backed out of a scheduled appearance on his talk show.

The night before, Letterman had said McCain's decision to suspend his campaign to deal with the economic crisis "didn't smell right."

Letterman substituted MSNBC's "Countdown" host - and critic of the Arizona senator - Keith Olbermann when McCain called him to say he wouldn't appear Wednesday.

The comic was unhappy when McCain sat for an interview with Katie Couric instead of him Wednesday - and even more perturbed to learn that McCain didn't leave New York until Thursday.

He said he felt like a "patriot" to let McCain off his commitment to deal with the economy and "now I'm feeling like an ugly date."

"That's what I feel like, I feel like an ugly date," he said. "I feel used. I feel cheap. I feel sullied."

McCain spokeswoman Nicole Wallace said Thursday that the campaign "felt this wasn't a night for comedy."

"We deeply regret offending Mr. Letterman, but our candidate's priority at this moment is to focus on this crisis," Wallace said on NBC's "Today" show.

The late-night comic banged away at McCain on Thursday from the opening of his monologue.

"You're here on a good night," he told the audience. "So far none of our guests have canceled."

He talked about daredevil David Blaine's feat of hanging upside down in New York's Central Park for 60 hours.

"They just left the guy hanging there," he said. "It's the same thing McCain did to me last night."

He described socialite Paris Hilton - Thursday's guest whose celebrity was once used in a McCain campaign ad to mock Obama - as McCain's first choice for a running mate.

"Here's how it works: you don't come to see me? You don't come to see me? Well, we might not see you on Inauguration Day," Letterman said.

Noting that McCain wanted to postpone Friday's first debate with Barack Obama, Letterman said running mate Sarah Palin wanted to put off her debate with Democrat Joe Biden until after Election Day.

Letterman said McCain taking Palin to meet world leaders at the United Nations was like "take-your-daughter-to-work day."

Letterman's Top 10 list was "surprising facts about Sarah Palin," read by citizens of Wasilla, Alaska, where she was once mayor.

No. 10: Palin "sometimes calls John McCain grandpa."

Later in the show, Letterman couldn't resist another mention of "that John McCain" while chatting with Hilton, who replied, "I heard he dissed you. He dissed me."

Milking the moment, Letterman consoled her: "You had a little run-in with him, too, didn't you?"

PWNED!
                        Jack Daniels
                        Last edited by Jack Daniels; 09-26-2008, 03:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X